This discussion is closed.
butterflew
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Anyone been there? Want tell me what its like? Has anyone been to Koh Phan Ngan in particular? Go on you crusty ol' travellers, share some of your wisdom...!
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by butterflew)
Anyone been there? Want tell me what its like? Has anyone been to Koh Phan Ngan in particular? Go on you crusty ol' travellers, share some of your wisdom...!
I haven't been there, what I know about Thailand?
Is a common sex tourism place for Europeans and they have now a chicken disease.
butterflew
well, i'm not going for sex tourism, and i think you mean avian flu, which has been unconfirmed in thailand as yet. anyone else got osme PERSONAL EXPERIENCES to add? Please? Not just hearsay? Ta
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
well, i'm not going for sex tourism, and i think you mean avian flu, which has been unconfirmed in thailand as yet. anyone else got osme PERSONAL EXPERIENCES to add? Please? Not just hearsay? Ta
OK, go and eat some chicken if that's what you want.
The_Barman
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

I dont think that Thailand is that popular a place....to my knowledge....i aint eva been there but wouls like to visit China at sum point though.....going to Belgium in May....dont see the point though coz all thats there is good chocolate and no hills lol
_EMMA_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i have been there think it is beautiful, but many places are beeing destroyed by tourists.
butterflew
Um, Mr Idol, you don't catch a virus by eating the thing that's carrying it. I'd hate to see how you catch colds!

Barman - it is quite popular (I was surprised to find out recently) - apparently about half a million brits go there each year.
China also really appeals but considering I've never been to Asia beofre i thought i should ease myself in with a nice safe (relatively) country, plus for some reason I thought Thai would be easier to pick up than Chinese - same difference really!
Your Belgium thing sounds like fun though - I'm sure there must be more to it than lace and chocolate! Perhaps if you head for the more cosmopolitan cities you might meet some interesting people, or if you do go to Brussels, avoid the tourist orientated bits. If you get bored you can always hop on a train and head to another bit of Europe
butterflew
(Original post by _EMMA_)
i have been there think it is beautiful, but many places are beeing destroyed by tourists.
i heard that the islands around koh samui are becoming a bit touristified and shabby. i wish i had been this age ten years ago! where did you go?
_EMMA_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i heard that the islands around koh samui are becoming a bit touristified and shabby. i wish i had been this age ten years ago! where did you go?
been there twice, first time hua hin and bankok and the second time phuket and khao lak (don' remember the spelling) anyway my parents have been to koh samui, when they were there a couple of years ago it wasn't so bad but i can imagine that it isn't the same anymore. they are going to thailand again in a couple of weeks. were are you going?
butterflew
i'm going to teach english in a school on phan ngan for 3.5 months starting in may, and then a friend and i are going travelling for a month. i was just hoping for some suggestions of where to go - have no idea what to do for that month (will probably be a little bored of the whole island/beach thing by then, I was thinking mountainous type stuff?)
butterflew
bump
Weirdo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I've been to Africa, India, Oman, Israel, Thailand, England, Switzerland, France, Mauritius, Japan, Egypt, and Ireland, and Thailand was deffinately the best!!!!

It's so pretty, and the people are really friendly. We stayed in the city, but we drove down to the jungle areas and rode elephants through the river... it was quite cool. I could send you some photos if you like....? You have to visit the floating market... you can buy really really cheap fake DVDs! :rolleyes:

*Tara*
butterflew
which city did you stay in?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (105)
43.75%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (39)
16.25%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (91)
37.92%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (5)
2.08%

Watched Threads