This discussion is closed.
Citizen_kane
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
im a bit worried as i havnt had any replies from unis yet. i sent my form off in november and want to study geography. does any1 know why i avnt had anyfing back????
Insatiable
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
You're like me: cursed.
Insatiable
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Yep, my English teacher's doing that for me because I'm gradually going insane.
sparkler
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Citizen_kane)
anyfing
by any chance did you write your personal statement using words like anyfing and fose(those) and fere(there) etc.

because that could put people off!!
babyboo
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
im going mad an im only waitin for one reply so i feel for u greatly...good luck thou xxxx
Insatiable
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
My teacher called Warwick, Bristol and Nottingham today.

At Bristol he got no reply so he left a message on the answering machine.

Nottingham said it could be another six weeks before I hear anything.

Warwick said they'd been swamped with applications and hadn't made any firm decisions yet, although they had sent out some letters for interview. The problem there is that I think my teacher inquired about plain ol' English rather than English and creative writing, which is what I applied for. He's going to check on that one.

So overall, nothing to report really.
VoodooDoll
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
aww good luck, waiting can be a nightmare! let us all know how you get on, try not to stress i've got my fingers crossed for you
Ladyluck
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Insatiable)

Nottingham said it could be another six weeks before I hear anything.

Oh my god! That is mad
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Call up some of the unis and ask them when you should be expecting their replies.
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Call up some of the unis and ask them when you should be expecting their replies.
Not a good idea, really :rolleyes:
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
Why not?
They'll think you're hassling them surely? I would find it a bit annoying if people rang me up and asked me how long i was going to take.
Peapod
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by claire1985)
They'll think you're hassling them surely? I would find it a bit annoying if people rang me up and asked me how long i was going to take.
Aren't you planning to send a uni some of your A Level work?!

If you think it'll make you fell better phone and ask - but they'll just say "as soon as possible" or something.
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Peapod)
Aren't you planning to send a uni some of your A Level work?!

If you think it'll make you fell better phone and ask - but they'll just say "as soon as possible" or something.
Sending work has a purpose, although i am slightly regretting emailing Durham now-i hope they never get it....!
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
If you contact the central admission office then it's a run of the mill enquiry and wont have any effect.

If you contact the admissions tutor then you're showing that you are keen on their particular university and if you're polite and intelligent sounding it will go in your favour if anything.
Ah pencilqueen, you know a lot-would they be annoyed by me asking how they would look upon the submission of extra work?
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I don't see how they can have any problems with you asking...only shows that you're keen.
But if they say yes, i will have to actually give some in, eek! I emailed on a whim because i'm desperate to get in :-D how sad...! Wish i hadn't now
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Don't worry...they'll probably say no (it's work enough plowing through UCAS forms and undergraduate marking, I can't see them wanting more work sent to them)...and even if they don't I'm sure most of your current coursework will be fine.
Hopefully. Thank you
Peapod
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I sent Durham a letter, after reading that bit on the psychology website and I'm regretting it now too!!
I think I sounded like a right twerp!
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Peapod)
I sent Durham a letter, after reading that bit on the psychology website and I'm regretting it now too!!
I think I sounded like a right twerp!
Yes, i still don't think that exists on the Hist website, but i know what you mean-i wish i'd just let them get on with it, i feel like a bit of a desperado!
CaSTle OUtsiDeR
Report 17 years ago
I don't see how they can have any problems with you asking...only shows that you're keen.
um...how about for LSE? coz it's well known that they always take a longer time than others to make decisions...esp. in their website they say final decisions will be made during March...for forms received by Jan 15. of coz I'm anxious but I'm not sure whether i should still ask them or just keep waiting...they might have only begun their selection...esp. for A & F which is v.competitive. I'm afraid there might be a negative effect...
Peapod
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by claire1985)
Yes, i still don't think that exists on the Hist website, but i know what you mean-i wish i'd just let them get on with it, i feel like a bit of a desperado!
Maybe that guy was just confused!
Wouldn't think he'd amke it up.

I keep thinking what if they think they can't give me a place as it might be classed as cheating!
Perhaps they meant writing before you apply or something!
I did almost write a second personal statement!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (126)
4.91%
Uncertainty around my education (380)
14.8%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (285)
11.1%
Lack of purpose or motivation (361)
14.06%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (120)
4.67%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (155)
6.04%
Loneliness (218)
8.49%
Financial worries (94)
3.66%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (106)
4.13%
Exposure to negative news/social media (120)
4.67%
Lack of real life entertainment (135)
5.26%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (225)
8.77%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (242)
9.43%

Watched Threads