The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Oh and on the subject of replies, don't worry, I've only had two! ANd one was a rejection!
Reply 21
No, i don't think he'd make it up, maybe i'm being stupid and can't see it! Mug, i'm sure both what i did and you did won't have a negative effect
Pencil Queen
In LSEs case or if they state somewhere that decisions are made at a certain time and that time hasn't arrived yet then hold off. Asking before they've told you that they'll have made a decision makes it look like you don't read their information (although it will still make you look keen).

i sent a letter to them after they rejected me last august for the sake of 4 marks - bastards = i have UCL now and i will need some convincing b4 i consider LSE now for law
Reply 23
Peapod
Oh and on the subject of replies, don't worry, I've only had two! ANd one was a rejection!

Yeah I've had two rejections so far. The one place thats accepted me did it by letter, and they haven't gotten round to contacting UCAS. The tracking page looks very bleak for me atm! :frown:
Pencil Queen
In LSEs case or if they state somewhere that decisions are made at a certain time and that time hasn't arrived yet then hold off. Asking before they've told you that they'll have made a decision makes it look like you don't read their information (although it will still make you look keen).

yea they do say sth like...if you haven't received their decision during this time (before March as they state) please be patient the school needs to go through a lot of forms...that seems to say they don't prefer you to keep asking yea?
well yea i'm keen....but probably best not to ring them at this stage...maybe later on...
CaSTle OUtsiDeR
yea they do say sth like...if you haven't received their decision during this time (before March as they state) please be patient the school needs to go through a lot of forms...that seems to say they don't prefer you to keep asking yea?
well yea i'm keen....but probably best not to ring them at this stage...maybe later on...

ring them anonymously - threaten them if u feel particularly confident - i have come to realise as with Cambridge last year - LSE isnt the be all and end all - they'd have to offer me an unconditional offer b4 i consider them now - maybe i'll change my mind nxt month who knows?
Reply 26
Wouldn't worry about it, you'll get the offers come flooding in, in one big go. Other people have their offers spaced out, you've had to get your offers in one big clump.
James_W
Wouldn't worry about it, you'll get the offers come flooding in, in one big go. Other people have their offers spaced out, you've had to get your offers in one big clump.

oh...i'm actually just referring to LSE...for other universities i've already got replies except UCL...so...yea,
hopefully i'll know as soon as possible.
Peapod

Same here. I got an offer from Reading back in November and I haven't heard anything new since Oxford rejected me in December. Doesn't exactly leave you brimming with confidence, does it?

Latest

Trending

Trending