any 1 know legal or ethical constraints on trades descriptions act
Trousers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by daz4000)
any 1 now legal or ethical constraints on trades descriptions act
I know someone who works for that department of her local council. You'll have to be more specific though - what do you want to know? I'll ask her for you.
Howard
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
any 1 now legal or ethical constraints on trades descriptions act
Odd question. can you rephrase?
daz4000
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
i just got cousework help sheet and all it ses is legal and /or ethical constraints affecting the promotional campaign trade descriptoin act, sales + supply of goods act, sale of goods and services act, consumer protection act - i need to write briefly about each, and say what they have (if any) on my campaig............thanks
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i just got cousework help sheet and all it ses is trade descriptoin act, sales + supply of goods act, sale of goods and services act, consumer protection act - i need to write briefly about each, and say what they have (if any) on my campaig............thanks
Well, why don't you just download them from the net? They're all available and like most Acts of Parliament you'll likely find something of an introduction that sets out what the purpose of the Act is.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Well, why don't you just download them from the net? They're all available and like most Acts of Parliament you'll likely find something of an introduction that sets out what the purpose of the Act is.
OK. I see what you mean. You have a promotional campaign. You need to look at each of these Acts and see if you are doing/saying something that you shouldn't be.

If, you're having a promo campaign for, let's say, a product that stops your hair falling out, you might say "Independently clinically proven to stop hair loss in 90% of menopausal women"

If that's not true, and in fact it is proven to stop hair loss only in 40% of women, and those tests were not independent, but undertaken in your own laboritories, you would be misrepresenting your product and be in breach of the TDA.

Get the idea?

Look at what you are saying. Then look at the various Acts. Are you saying something you shouldn't?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (206)
42.92%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (73)
15.21%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (193)
40.21%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
1.67%

Watched Threads