Confused by letter from LSE - deferred entry Watch

gizmoleeds
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I applied last year for 2006 entry and have just received a letter from the LSE which says something which I don't quite understand:

In your case, the home tuition fees for the 2006/07 academic year are 1,200 pounds sterling.
Now as I am coming under the old system, I am under the impression that the £1,200 is variable and you only pay the full amount if your household income is over a certain amount. But, I haven't given them or UCAS any information on my household income yet - so why are they saying that?

Do they just mean "up to £1,200" or as I am one of these weird :rolleyes: people who comes between the two systems will the difference be paid as a bursery or something?

I haven't forgotten to send them some info have I?

(BTW I am contacting their finance office too before someone tells me to do that - I just thought I might get a quicker answer here).
Jaffaholic
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by gizmoleeds)
I applied last year for 2006 entry and have just received a letter from the LSE which says something which I don't quite understand:

Now as I am coming under the old system, I am under the impression that the £1,200 is variable and you only pay the full amount if your household income is over a certain amount. But, I haven't given them or UCAS any information on my household income yet - so why are they saying that?

Do they just mean "up to £1,200" or as I am one of these weird :rolleyes: people who comes between the two systems will the difference be paid as a bursery or something?

(BTW I am contacting their finance office too before someone tells me to do that - I just thought I might get a quicker answer here).

pre 2005 applicants only pay a max of £1250 towards tutitions fees

EDIT: actually might be slightly less
Jaffaholic
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Exactly - if there is a maximum then it is not a set figure - so why is their letter telling me what I will pay when I haven't yet sent them my household information which they need to work it out... ?
Ive had a letter for 2006 entry not deferred. For the moment they are also assuming I will pay £3000. You sort out finances after you accept the offer. It is upto your LEA to provide a grant. Either way, LSE will still recieve the full amount.

*Didnt think an economics project on higher education would come in useful, lol
zxczxc
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ghost101)
Ive had a letter for 2006 entry not deferred. For the moment they are also assuming I will pay £3000. You sort out finances after you accept the offer. It is upto your LEA to provide a grant. Either way, LSE will still recieve the full amount.

*Didnt think an economics project on higher education would come in useful, lol
I thought we pay the £3000 regardless and then the government give those of us who get extra support the money back?
baldsoup
Report 13 years ago

In your case, the home tuition fees for the 2006/07 academic year are 1,200 pounds sterling.

Basically, your fees are going to be £1200, regardless of who's paying, so I wouldn't worry about the wording of it. Just because your LEA will be paying part of it, doesn't mean your fee decreases because LSE are still going to receive the £1200 one way or another.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1629)
78.92%
Leave (435)
21.08%

Watched Threads