The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Computer Science at UCL

Hi UCL is one my favourite uni's for computer science and was wondering a few things.
. How competitive it is.
. If I was to get an offer of A*A*B/ would they still interview me?
.Have they removed the AAB of the 2011 offer ( use to be AAA- AAB)
Original post by ExplosiveSam
Hi UCL is one my favourite uni's for computer science and was wondering a few things.
. How competitive it is.
. If I was to get an offer of A*A*B/ would they still interview me?
.Have they removed the AAB of the 2011 offer ( use to be AAA- AAB)

" If I was to get an offer of A*A*B/ would they still interview me?"
They usually interview you before giving you an offer. I'm not quite sure what you mean...

Competitive-wise, I THINK they're just below oxbridge and possibly Imperial, mostly due to their respective reputations, but I'm not in any position to say anything. But there were 5 interview days to choose from when I applied, so that says something about the numbers.

I applied last session and got AAA offer. But in the 2nd/3rd year of A*, i won't be surprised if they start giving out A*AA.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
UCL Computer Science = stay the **** away. Joke department. Trust me, you're better off at Southampton or Warwick.
Original post by sadhukar
UCL Computer Science = stay the **** away. Joke department. Trust me, you're better off at Southampton or Warwick.

wow really? I know for a fact that UCL is targeted by large Investment banks.
Reply 4

Really? All the students seemed really positive when I went for my interview there. I liked the place enough to put it as an insurance. Why is it a joke department?
Reply 5
i_hate_teeth: your sig looks like mine 2 years ago xD

myNameHere: what did that person look like? I will go there and slap him/her myself.

In all seriousness, the student body in CS is good because you have a nice mix of smart (but lazy) kids and hardworking kids and no one is overly arrogant
It's not a joke department at all, don't know about teaching but they do some good research there.
It's actually ranked equally with Oxford in research: http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/table/2008/dec/18/rae-2008-computer-science-and-informatics

Yes it's 2008, because data come from the Research Assessment Exercise every 4 years.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
***** please, actually go to the place before you comment mmkay
***** please, actually go to the place before you comment mmkay

I'm doing my PhD in this dept, moron.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending