This discussion is closed.
Ditzy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Just thought I'd share this with people because I'm amazed this is going ahead:

Majestic nightclub in Leeds has managed to get a license to marry people for 29th Feb (traditionally the day women can propose to men) (accord to the Yorkshire Post).

How many drunken students are gonna do a Britney and accidentally end up married?! I'm almost tempted to go and laugh at all the crazy people, nad just not drink to ensure I don't do anything daft. It all just seems a bit tacky, and it doesn't even have the kind of cult appeal that getting married in Vegas does.
Bitewing
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ditzy blonde)
Just thought I'd share this with people because I'm amazed this is going ahead:

Majestic nightclub in Leeds has managed to get a license to marry people for 29th Feb (traditionally the day women can propose to men) (accord to the Yorkshire Post).

How many drunken students are gonna do a Britney and accidentally end up married?! I'm almost tempted to go and laugh at all the crazy people, nad just not drink to ensure I don't do anything daft. It all just seems a bit tacky, and it doesn't even have the kind of cult appeal that getting married in Vegas does.
lol - that sounds quite amusing. I'd love to be there to see it! It is VERY tacky I agree though.
The_Barman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Bitewing)
lol - that sounds quite amusing. I'd love to be there to see it! It is VERY tacky I agree though.
I dunno, i mean it wouldn't be for me but it would be a night you wouldn't forget in a while anyways lol
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago

I dunno, depends how drunk you were! It might not be so bad if it wasn't in a big city full of lots of drunken students, I wonder how many of these marriages will end up getting annulled!
MC
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I ran away with my girlfriend when I was 16 and her parents and my uncle, (who pretended to be my dad) helped us to get married. We've been married for ages, but I feel like a divorce now. What should I do?
ShOcKzZ
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Mad Caddie)
I ran away with my girlfriend when I was 16 and her parents and my uncle, (who pretended to be my dad) helped us to get married. We've been married for ages, but I feel like a divorce now. What should I do?
lol..
MC
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ShOcKzZ)
lol..
Why is it funny? :confused:
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Marriage is not something you should do on the spur of the moment. Its probably the most important decision in anybodies life.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Are you called Dave by any chance? AKA Superstar*Honey?
MC
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
Are you called Dave by any chance? AKA Superstar*Honey?
Look at the user name. :rolleyes:
Nicci_babe
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Talk to your wife, and see how she is feeling. work out y you are feeling like this its a big decision to suddenly just feel like a divorce. but chanches are if you are un-happy she will either know and/or feel the same way. it will be hard but you must talk to her i cannot advise you to get duvorced.

hope this help.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Look at the user name. :rolleyes:
Ok I did. So your doing SATS. That means your about 14.

So yes, I conclude your name is Dave AKA Superstar*Honey.
ShOcKzZ
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

HAHA..i knew he was a little kid.
MC
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Nicci_babe)
Talk to your wife, and see how she is feeling. work out y you are feeling like this its a big decision to suddenly just feel like a divorce. but chanches are if you are un-happy she will either know and/or feel the same way. it will be hard but you must talk to her i cannot advise you to get duvorced.

hope this help.
Well Im 18 at the moment, and she wants to settle down and have children! I still want to live, and go out and experience different things, I dont want to be contsricted within marridge. I think her parents kind of forced us to marry because they didnt want their duaghter to go around sleeping with different guys. They felt she would stay commited in marridge. I have cheated on her a few times, and feel that we could both do better off without each other. I think before I go to uni, I will most probably get a divorce.
MC
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

Did you also read the rest of my profile?
Did you fail to notice something about my profile.....ok, you probably didnt but heres what it is.....its a joke, humour, fun fun fun, hahaha!!!

Do you understand that concept?
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Did you also read the rest of my profile?
Did you fail to notice something about my profile.....ok, you probably didnt but heres what it is.....its a joke, humour, fun fun fun, hahaha!!!

Do you understand that concept?
I'd at least attempt to show that it is humour my friend.
MC
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I'd at least attempt to show that it is humour my friend.
OK. I take on board you advice.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
the quote at the top of the page is pretty apt

Bigamy is having one spouse too many. Monogamy is the same.

Lol.
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
maybe cos u'r a 14 year old doing u'r SATS!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (105)
43.75%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (39)
16.25%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (91)
37.92%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (5)
2.08%

Watched Threads