The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Roger Kirk
Which is a sad point really...everyone should be entitled to a home whether rented or owned. It shouldn't depend on whether you can afford it or not. All personal wealth should dictate is what size home you have.

What is really annoying is the number of ex-council houses I've seen up for rent from private landlords which cost like 2 or 3 times the cost to rent than if you were getting them from the council. It's exploitation really isn't it? :frown:

In my local area, you'll be hard pressed to find a house (even a ridiculously small one) for under £1000pcm and single rooms can often cost £400pcm.
Reply 21
Perhaps they don't need to but that won't stop me buying several in the future for personal use ( although not all in the UK necessarily) and more if the buy to let market remains lucrative :smile:
Reply 22
kb500
Perhaps they don't need to but that won't stop me buying several in the future for personal use ( although not all in the UK necessarily) and more if the buy to let market remains lucrative :smile:

You charging market rent or a little lower? :p: :wink:
Reply 23
sr4470
You charging market rent or a little lower? :p: :wink:

Lol whichever makes the most money :wink:
Reply 24
kb500
Lol whichever makes the most money :wink:

Just realised I dont have enough for a deposit :frown:
I've always wantd to know, what does pcm stand for?
Reply 26
cottonmouth
I've always wantd to know, what does pcm stand for?

Per calendar month.
Reply 27
Roger Kirk
Tell that to the hundreds or thousands of people on waiting lists for council houses.

There's a shortage of council houses but not houses to rent. The private sector provides most houses to rent.

Latest

Trending

Trending