dry skin. HELP! Watch

sparkle86
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hi all.

Ok lately i've had a problem with my skin. It's mainly on my forehead and just round the top of my nose inbetween my eyebrows.

Basically it's really dry and flaky. I've not really had this problem before. I think its only cos its winter and very cold. I use a moisturiser but i dont think its very good. Well its obviously not if its not working.

Then when i apply my foundation it seems to look even worse. Its horrible so i have to put more moisturiser over the top and try to get the flakiness off with my nails.

Anyway my question is, does anyone know of a really good moisturiser i could use to sort this problem out as im embarassed about talking to people up close. Or anything else i can do to solve this problem.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Karen xxx
Lil' Miss Smiley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Cocoa Butter is good and I use vaseline in winter months. Put a thin layer on your face before you go to bed. Do not rub in. It leavse your skin feeling beautifully soft in the morning.

Nivea Intensive Care for the face is good too.
Dragonshorts
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I get this too.. forehead and then round the bottom of my nose too. I have tried everything and i cant get rid of it. I think its just because of the weather and am hoping it will clear up as it gets warmer. If anyone has any better suggestions though please do post!

oo sorry.. missed above post. Thanks Cindy!
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by noofruit)
I get this too.. forehead and then round the bottom of my nose too. I have tried everything and i cant get rid of it. I think its just because of the weather and am hoping it will clear up as it gets warmer. If anyone has any better suggestions though please do post!

oo sorry.. missed above post. Thanks Cindy!
Tis ok!

With the cold air outside and then coming into a dry atmosphere it does play havoc with your skin. I also use a moisturising soap too (Dove) and moisturise morning and night.
sparkle86
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
so i put a thin layer of vaseline on my face before i go to bed without rubbing it in. and then use some cocoa butter before applying my make up in the morning?
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by sparkle86)
so i put a thin layer of vaseline on my face before i go to bed without rubbing it in. and then use some cocoa butter before applying my make up in the morning?
Cocoa butter (smells nice too) or a good moisturiser. Vaseline is brill and I always carry some around with me. Try not wearing any make up for a while particularly face powder. Just a hint of mascara and some tinted lip salve under a thin layer of , guess what??!!, vaseline.

Once though I had run out of moisturiser and the only thing I had in was that Glycerine hand cream from Avon, used that and face felt fab all day.
Mata
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I get this from time to time around the sides of my chin. My tips:

Don't wash your face in very hot or cold water, always go for lukewarm or slightly cool which are better for your skin.

Some brands do moisturiser which is specifically for one skin type, so shop around for something like that, don't just go for a generic moisturiser. I use Simple moisturiser which is good for my skin type.

Before putting on foundation, moisturise thoroughly and then just dab your face slightly to get rid of any slipperiness. Your makeup might need a touchup during the day but it will be better for your skin.
Katia
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by sparkle86)
Hi all.

Ok lately i've had a problem with my skin. It's mainly on my forehead and just round the top of my nose inbetween my eyebrows.

Basically it's really dry and flaky. I've not really had this problem before. I think its only cos its winter and very cold. I use a moisturiser but i dont think its very good. Well its obviously not if its not working.

Then when i apply my foundation it seems to look even worse. Its horrible so i have to put more moisturiser over the top and try to get the flakiness off with my nails.

Anyway my question is, does anyone know of a really good moisturiser i could use to sort this problem out as im embarassed about talking to people up close. Or anything else i can do to solve this problem.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Karen xxx
Evian moisturiser is fanatstic. Get some a.s.a.p...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (261)
26.74%
No (715)
73.26%

Watched Threads