Turn on thread page Beta

Better uni out of these? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My friend is having a few problems with her application, being rejected and not knowing what to do etc..anyway...which of these 3 uni's is the best?

Lincoln
    Coventry
    Leicester

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    leicester

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexysax)
    My friend is having a few problems with her application, being rejected and not knowing what to do etc..anyway...which of these 3 uni's is the best?

Lincoln
    Coventry
    Leicester

Thanks
    I think the blank space is best.

ReputationRep:
    You forgot to mention the course that she is interested in.

anyway, I'd say that Leicester uni is better in general than Lincoln and Coventry. but thats just me.

ReputationRep:
    Psychology, but in general as well. She might not go for Psychology now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexysax)
    Psychology, but in general as well. She might not go for Psychology now.
    Yep, the blank space is looking increasingly impressive.

ReputationRep:
    There's no need to be like that. Not everyone gets straight A's with little effort, and goes off to Oxbrigde.

ReputationRep:
    yeh, unis a uni aint it, a degrees a degree! Im sure someone will say something about it being worth more elsewhere bla bla, but a degree versus no degree, you cant argue!

kes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kesso12)
    yeh, unis a uni aint it, a degrees a degree! Im sure someone will say something about it being worth more elsewhere bla bla, but a degree versus no degree, you cant argue!

kes
    You sound like President Ben.

ReputationRep:
    Leicester is the most respected in general out of those 3 uni's. I think its about 20th in the league tables.

Lincoln is an awful uni, and if youre going anywhere near Coventry then you should try to get into Warwick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Researcher Lond)
    You sound like President Ben.
    And you sound like an ass . Leicester isn't at all a bad university and Coventry is very good for certain courses, like Automotive Engineering.

I'd advise your friend to work out what they want to do first and then look at which university would be best for them .

ReputationRep:
    I would think Leicester is the best out of those, it's a pretty decent uni from what I've heard.

ReputationRep:
    Leicester is definitely the best out of those, by quite a long way.

ReputationRep:
    Haha...

ReputationRep:
    Leicester...

they offer the better, if not only, Physics course...

ReputationRep:
    Now, now.

But yeh, I'm inclined to go with the Leicester motif aswell

ReputationRep:
    def leicester

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kesso12)

kes
    Ive got 6 A grades at A Level,

if i applied for a job, and so did someone from Lincoln University with a 2.2 and a levels DDE- who do you think they would believe was more intelligent?

Just because you have a degree doesnt mean you are more intelligent that someone without one........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spy007)
    Ive got 6 A grades at A Level,

if i applied for a job, and so did someone from Lincoln University with a 2.2 and a levels DDE- who do you think they would believe was more intelligent?

Just because you have a degree doesnt mean you are more intelligent that someone without one........
    But it depends on the job. A lot of jobs require a degree, and so the person with a degree would get the job over you, even if in your mind you were more intelligent.

ReputationRep:
    Actaully experience is just as important as well, degrees only really help for jobs that require a degree.

Even then experience and attitude of the person counts a lot more than the university and classification. Employers hire people, not a degree certificate. Those days are long gone, even for the old boys group of people.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.