Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Actaully experience is just as important as well, degrees only really help for jobs that require a degree.

Even then experience and attitude of the person counts a lot more than the university and classification. Employers hire people, not a degree certificate. Those days are long gone, even for the old boys group of people.
    Well said, sir

ReputationRep:
    Leicester

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your comments.

ReputationRep:
    *adds her voice to the multitude* Leicester, without a doubt - a v. good uni league-table wise, and a v. nice one too - when I was applying for history there, I was really impressed with the way they actually bothered to keep in contact during the application process, and got current students to ring up and ask if I wanted to talk about the course.

ReputationRep:
    I know of a couple of people at Leicester and they both love it (one doing medicine, the other doing something to do with art). It's easily the better uni of the three.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elusive Moose)
    I know of a couple of people at Leicester and they both love it (one doing medicine, the other doing something to do with art). It's easily the better uni of the three.
    But people are going to love wherever they go , I know people at Coventry and Leicester and they all love their own universities, you'd be hard pressed to find many people who did actually dislike their university.

ReputationRep:
    ^^^ lol, check out the various threads in the general university discussion for the alternative view. But yes, generally, I agree, most people like the place they end up anyway, as uni life is what you make of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Actaully experience is just as important as well, degrees only really help for jobs that require a degree.

Even then experience and attitude of the person counts a lot more than the university and classification. Employers hire people, not a degree certificate. Those days are long gone, even for the old boys group of people.
    Here, Here! You deserve Pos.Rep for that.

ReputationRep:
    Stop all the univeristy snobbery! They are all good universities. I have a friend at Lincoln who loves it!

ReputationRep:
    I'd say Leicester,

because I can.

ReputationRep:
    Leicester too I have to say - and by a fair margin.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to jump on a bandwagon, but from what I've heard Leicester is the best of the three for general ratings.

Guardian University Guide:

Leicester - 34th
    Coventry - 72nd
    Lincoln - 114th

Specifically for Psychology (Guardian University Guide):

Leicester - 33rd
    Coventry - 64th
    Lincoln - 77th

Times Online University Guide:

Leicester - 22nd
    Coventry - 76th
    Lincoln - 110th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhivago)
    Sorry to jump on a bandwagon, but from what I've heard Leicester is the best of the three for general ratings.

Guardian University Guide:

Leicester - 34th
    Coventry - 72nd
    Lincoln - 114th

Specifically for Psychology (Guardian University Guide):

Leicester - 33rd
    Coventry - 64th
    Lincoln - 77th

Times Online University Guide:

Leicester - 22nd
    Coventry - 76th
    Lincoln - 110th
    Bad reputation?? what the hell for lol, why are these forums just a game? sucks, just giving my opinion, let me guess i will get it for this too

kes

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.