The Student Room Group

Guys: Do you prefer the 'girl next door' look or a more made-up, put-together girl?

The first 3 pics are examples of kinda 'down to earth', natural looking girls...you know, pretty girls who aren't wearing a lot of makeup, haven't made a huge effort with their hair and are wearing casual clothes. The last 2 are examples of more 'made up' and put together girls who probably spend a bit more time getting ready...doing their hair and makeup and choosing flashier outfits than the other girls may choose.

I think both kinds of girls can be equally as pretty, in different ways. However, I am not asking which particular girl you prefer, but which type of girl (put-together or a bit more casual/natural) you prefer??

Thanks. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I prefer definitely the natural look. No point over-doing it if you're not even pretty to begin with and natural but chic is good with me.

Over done, over fake, that tanned girl there is not even pretty it's just slutty. in reality, first girl would win for me. :smile:
Girl number four scared me.
Reply 3
The barbie doll looks definitely isn't a good one; natural all the way.
tl;dr though! and sorry just looked at them in large; for me the second girl is the prettiest :smile:
natural, definitely! The made-up look can seem a bit chavvy at times...
Reply 6
nothing beats natural beauty :wink:
You chose some pretty bad pictures to illustrate each type. :lolwut: Although I prefer the natural look, i've still been with girls who liked to wear make-up and always dressed well.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
tl;dr

There's 5 lines O_o

Anyway, "less is more" as they say, they all look fine cept the 4th pic and the girl on the left in the 5th. I like the girl on the right in the 5th the best but she's pulling a weird face lol.
Reply 9
Both, But the first 3 girls don't exist in real life.
Reply 10
+1 for the natural
although...
Original post by dottie28
pretty girls who aren't wearing a lot of makeup, haven't made a huge effort with their hair and are wearing casual clothes.

I feel it should be noted that just because a girl doesn't look like she's wearing a lot of make up it doesn't mean that she hasn't put a lot of time and effort into looking good. It just means her style is the more natural look.
Reply 11
I swear I've seen no.4's picture somewhere
& to answer your qstn I find the 2nd girl really pretty
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by zammie1603
I swear I've seen no.4's picture somewhere

Same here :confused:
Original post by dottie28
The first 3 pics are examples of kinda 'down to earth', natural looking girls...you know, pretty girls who aren't wearing a lot of makeup, haven't made a huge effort with their hair and are wearing casual clothes. The last 2 are examples of more 'made up' and put together girls who probably spend a bit more time getting ready...doing their hair and makeup and choosing flashier outfits than the other girls may choose.

I think both kinds of girls can be equally as pretty, in different ways. However, I am not asking which particular girl you prefer, but which type of girl (put-together or a bit more casual/natural) you prefer??

Thanks. :smile:

I know you didn't want this particular opinion, though the images of girls one, four and five look like conniving whores. Two and three are very attractive, though.

'Made-up' girls these days always seems to bring about negative connotations. It's very rare that you see a woman who craftily employs make-up, yet not overdoing it. Of course, this could easily be a misconception of mine, whipped up by the many nice ladies who wear make-up properly.

A good old-fashioned 'dolled up' babe is very pleasing to the wandering gent, though not these new 'things'.
The last two look like trash.
I don't think the best pictures were chosen, made-up girls were scary, but that second girl is so pretty :3
Can i just point out that they're all wearing the similar amounts of makeup? (excluding the fourth girl). Its just application/colour/ ect.

I think somewhere around the middle is best ('cos thats how i am haha)
but then again i've got friends who plaster themselves in makeup and look drop dead gorgeous ....and friends who wear minimal makeup who are just as stunning.
I think everyone would prefer a hot girl next door to a hot fake but most people would prefer a hot fake to an ugly next door.
Reply 18
I don't like girls who spend most of their time making themselves look presentable I preffer them to think about things more important to me e.g. art perhaps.
Original post by Pandora.
Same here :confused:

I think everyone who wears tat amount of tan, makeup and straightens the crap outta their hair lose the characteristics that make them unique, so all look pretty similar?
I thought I knew the fourth girl for a second too lol

Quick Reply

Latest