The Student Room Group

Geography applicants for entry 2012 :]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by RoryRorrzShikari
Well done! Is that your first choice? :biggrin: I applied for MA geography at Dundee. Haven't got an offer. Really hope I here back soon fingers crossed :smile:

Well I already have my A Levels and have the grades for Dundee, but I resist some modules so depends what my results come back like. Also want to go and see them all before I confirm somewhere :smile:
Reply 361
How long does it generally take from handing in your MA application from receiving a rejection or offer?
I want to apply directly after all the grades of the first semester have come back, so that's around 10 March I believe ?
Got all 5 offers now, YAY :biggrin:
Reply 363
Got my grades yesterday after my resits, full marks in my geography paper bringing my overall grade to an A. But I still got CC in bio/chem :frown:

Contacted the uni yesterday as my offer was conditional on ABB, and a couple of hours ago they changed my offer to unconditional!

So yes just firmed Newcastle for Geography & Planning and deffo off there in September! :biggrin: I'm so excited and happy and arghhh, esp as I didn't have the grades!! Eeek!!
Original post by Alice.
Got my grades yesterday after my resits, full marks in my geography paper bringing my overall grade to an A. But I still got CC in bio/chem :frown:

Contacted the uni yesterday as my offer was conditional on ABB, and a couple of hours ago they changed my offer to unconditional!

So yes just firmed Newcastle for Geography & Planning and deffo off there in September! :biggrin: I'm so excited and happy and arghhh, esp as I didn't have the grades!! Eeek!!

I got full marks too :P
yayyyy, geography nerds

congrats on the unconditional aswell!
Reply 365
Original post by Alice.

So... You mean to say that you got an overall ACC grade even though the requirements were ABB?? And.. You just contacted them???! Wowww, well done!! Very happy for you :smile:
Reply 366
Original post by Herp-Derp
So... You mean to say that you got an overall ACC grade even though the requirements were ABB?? And.. You just contacted them???! Wowww, well done!! Very happy for you :smile:

Correct!
I was very surprised tbh!

So definitely contact your uni on results day if you miss your offer, at the end of the day they can only say no! The CC were very close to BB, 6 UMS on one and a bit more on the other :smile:
Reply 367
Really gutted, I got a rejection from UCL because they didn't like my personal statement... I am such a klutz for mentioning physical geography when I applied for a human geography course... urghh anyways, any one heard from LSE? x
Trying to decide between Sheffield and Birmingham for my back up. Think I prefer Sheffield as a place/city/setup of campus, but course at Birmingham is stronger (Economics and Geography), where as BA Geo at Sheffield.

Any advice?
Reply 369
Where's everybody put as their firm and insurance choices?
Original post by ISS2508
Really gutted, I got a rejection from UCL because they didn't like my personal statement... I am such a klutz for mentioning physical geography when I applied for a human geography course... urghh anyways, any one heard from LSE? x

Did they actually tell you they didn't like your PS?

I'm still waiting for LSE as well.
Reply 371
Original post by blacktreacle
Did they actually tell you they didn't like your PS?

I'm still waiting for LSE as well.

Yup :frown: They said my personal statement was not good enough, which I found weird because at my Cambridge interview it was clear that I was mostly considered on the basis of my statement LOL

So I emailed them, and they said I didn't focus most of my attention on human geography, it was too 50/50... But oh well...

Why are they taking so long? My friend got her offer last year by Jan and she applied late lool
Original post by ISS2508
Yup :frown: They said my personal statement was not good enough, which I found weird because at my Cambridge interview it was clear that I was mostly considered on the basis of my statement LOL

So I emailed them, and they said I didn't focus most of my attention on human geography, it was too 50/50... But oh well...

Why are they taking so long? My friend got her offer last year by Jan and she applied late lool

I applied for both BA and BSc with the same PS and I don't know how I did it :tongue:! Perhaps I was just keep talking about the interaction between the two lol

I know many applicants got their offer in the last week so don't worry. Not sure why, perhaps a 'tradition' of theirs. We'll both get offers from LSE. Fingers crossed!

What offers have you got so far? :smile:
Original post by chloe_11
Where's everybody put as their firm and insurance choices?

Hull/Sheffield Hallam!
You?
Reply 374
Hey! Did anyone already got any news/offers from St. Andrews for grography??? I am still waiting and I am getting nervous :biggrin:
Reply 375
Original post by balletlover
Hull/Sheffield Hallam!
You?

Royal Holloway :smile:
Reply 376
Original post by Brigitta
Hey! Did anyone already got any news/offers from St. Andrews for grography??? I am still waiting and I am getting nervous :biggrin:

Yeah, I got an unconditional to St Andrews last Monday! :biggrin: But I still haven't heard from Durham, and most others seem to! :/
This is how I am fairing so fair

Glasgow - Geography/Archaeology: Unsuccessful
Edinburgh - Geography/Archaeology - Pending
Edinburgh - Archaeology - Unconditional
Dundee - Geography/History - Pending
Aberdeen - Geography/Archaeology - Unconditional

._. I'm just waiting to hear back from Dundee and one of the courses at Edinburgh. I'm not too worried at the moment but if i don't hear back in the next two weeks I will probably start worrying :P
just got an offer from UCL for Geography Bsc :biggrin:
Reply 379
Original post by blacktreacle
I applied for both BA and BSc with the same PS and I don't know how I did it :tongue:! Perhaps I was just keep talking about the interaction between the two lol

I know many applicants got their offer in the last week so don't worry. Not sure why, perhaps a 'tradition' of theirs. We'll both get offers from LSE. Fingers crossed!

What offers have you got so far? :smile:

Hey sorry for the late reply :smile: Ahh thats such a smart move XD

Uncon from Queen Mary and Kings, I think I may have been put into that gathering field thing for LSE, they sent me a really strange email in late Feb lol

LSE would be wicked but I am so happy about Kings :biggrin:

Wbu? hows is your revision and everything going?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending