The Student Room Group

Geography applicants for entry 2012 :]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Anyone doing a geography BA at northumbria? :smile:
My subjects are geography, english literature, history, spanish and as spanish literature
thinking about doing as maths
However, does anyone know if universities will accept my spanish and spanish literature a leves? i was born spanish, so they could easily not accept it.
Thinking about applying to Cambridge, Durham, st andrews, ucl and lse probably, still haven't made up my mind completely
Reply 422
Original post by raquelboso
My subjects are geography, english literature, history, spanish and as spanish literature
thinking about doing as maths
However, does anyone know if universities will accept my spanish and spanish literature a leves? i was born spanish, so they could easily not accept it.
Thinking about applying to Cambridge, Durham, st andrews, ucl and lse probably, still haven't made up my mind completely

I'd also recommend Edinburgh :wink: It's a great uni, great city and you wouldn't have to pay tuition fees as an EU student.
Reply 423
Hi, I'm doing Environmental studies, geography and ancient history at A level, applying for Bsc geography at Exeter and if I don't get AAB then I'll hopefully get the grades for Sheffield, Edinburgh tend not to accept you if you're a English student, and If you didn't get the grades they want in AS level.
Original post by star9005
I'd also recommend Edinburgh :wink: It's a great uni, great city and you wouldn't have to pay tuition fees as an EU student.

I also have it on my list, however im not sure how good it is, the entrance grade isn't that high in comparison. Do you know if its good?
Reply 425
Original post by raquelboso
I also have it on my list, however im not sure how good it is, the entrance grade isn't that high in comparison. Do you know if its good?

I know it's good of course :wink: It's a highly competitive university, and don't judge it only by the minimum grades required for admission.. It's just that they give a chance for those who get smaller grades in certain subjects but are enthusiastic about the subject they applied for.. and they mention that obtaining the minimum grades does not guarantee an offer, and offers are usually made for those with the grades from the upper end :rolleyes:
You also have the chance to choose from a wide range of outside subjects, which is cool.
Reply 426
Accepted my offer for MSc Physical Geography (by research) in Hull! Starting 29 Sep. 2012!
It's a bit weird that I'm going to do Human Geography stuffs with this title, but Hull doesn't offer an MA in Human Geography, so they allocated me within the Physical realm.

Looking forward to it. Any more people starting a Masters in Geography in Hull in 2012? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending