Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drsmeeth)
    Is this the face of pure nastiness?
    well you can't see my face.but it's not nasty!
    Gimme a hug, my fave lil shiny gem buddy!
    :hugs: Im sure its quite a 'un-nasty' face!

ReputationRep:
    ...just so you know, you lot scared the pants off me there. 7 pages of "official rejections" had me convinced everyone who'd applied had already been rejected... and they'd forgotten to mail mine

ReputationRep:
    See what I mean by my previous comment?

ReputationRep:
    I guess i should sign up..

ReputationRep:
    Im rejected by Trinity
    how come they sent the letter to my address in vietnam? :confused: :confused:
    i was right to email them, otherwise i will be crazy in 24 hours

remebering about all the good comments from interviewers, tutors, teachers really help me now.....suddenly i think what if I applied to some unpopular colleges....no i shouldnt think that, should I? I love Trinity ....anyone here will reapply? Im thinking, if i can as a 1st year student.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valerious)
    Im rejected by Trinity
    how come they sent the letter to my address in vietnam? :O :O
    i was right to email them, otherwise i will be crazy in 24 hours

remebering about all the good comments from interviewers, tutors, teachers really help me now.....suddenly i think what if I applied to some unpopular colleges....now i should think that, shouldnt I? I love Trinity ....anyone here will reapply? Im thinking, if i can as a 1st year student.
    I probably will. I loved Trinity too.

ReputationRep:
    I feel sorry for you both, valerious & ronove.

ReputationRep:
    Valerious and Ronove, I know how's you're feeling (lol as I didn't get in either) But please don't get too down and out as a result. If you're thinking of reapplying then go ahead, but make sure it is for the right reasons. Yes Cambridge is an excellent univerity, one of the bests in the world. But I do urge you to look over your other offers as well and choose the next best.
    Don't take a gap year unless it'll be worth you while. It's not fun all the time, I should know. And I've also come to learn that things happen for a reson. You may not beleive in that sort of thing, but you never know..something better could be waiting out there for you. Sometimes, we want things sooo much that we fail to realise that either they're not the right thing for us, or that other possibilities do exist.
    So take this as a learning opportunity, not a set back and do think carefully of the decision you make hereafter.

ReputationRep:
    Rejected from Trinity Maths.

I am fairly dissapointed. My grades warranted an interview and I did not get that. I did not even get a chance to impress them. I wish I could say it is their loss and not mine, but it is our mutual loss because I know I was good enough to get in. Dr Youknowheknowsitall will be sorry he rejected me some day! I hope they kick themselves in the teeth some day for rejecting me because, although based on my grades, their decision was probably logical but they didn't give me an interview.

I have 5 excellent universities here who have rightly recognized that I am good enough for them and have given me an offer. I am looking forward to attending one of them.

Michail

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichailZ)
    Rejected from Trinity Maths.

I am fairly dissapointed. My grades warranted an interview and I did not get that. I did not even get a chance to impress them. I wish I could say it is their loss and not mine, but it is our mutual loss because I know I was good enough to get in. Dr Youknowheknowsitall will be sorry he rejected me some day! I hope they kick themselves in the teeth some day for rejecting me because, although based on my grades, their decision was probably logical but they didn't give me an interview.

I have 5 excellent universities here who have rightly recognized that I am good enough for them and have given me an offer. I am looking forward to attending one of them.

Michail
    I also didn't get accepted into Trinity to study Maths which is a shame. I've got an offer from Warwick and I would love to study there (though Trinity would still be better of course :P).

ReputationRep:
    ECONOMICS (L101)
    GONVILLE AND CAIUS
    REJECTION
    I've never been happier.
    There is no pressure on me to work now. Everything i do will be because i want to.

ReputationRep:
    Rejected for English at Lucy Cav. Feel pretty crap now.

ReputationRep:
    rejected catz SPS

but my other choices are good London uni so i'm not that upset

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izsushant)
    ECONOMICS (L101)
    GONVILLE AND CAIUS
    REJECTION
    I've never been happier.
    There is no pressure on me to work now. Everything i do will be because i want to.
    do u have offers from ne where else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichailZ)
    My grades warranted an interview
    I'm sorry to say this, because I know you're disappointed, but your grades didn't warrant an interview. You wrote: "Further Mathematics AS - Predicted B" and that would be enough to disqualify you, from all I've seen of Cambridge mathmos. If your school doesn't think you'll get an A, then you'd be unlikely to get a 2.1 at Cambridge either. Maths at Cambridge is stunningly hard. There would be no point in giving an interview if you were very unlikely to get an offer, so Cambridge saved you (and them) the trouble.

If you want to prove them wrong, you could get 600/600 in the A-level and re-apply next year. However, if you're really only going to get a B in FM, that implies that you aren't strong in that area, so why take a course which you'll ultimately hate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redsapphire2000)
    Valerious and Ronove, I know how's you're feeling (lol as I didn't get in either) But please don't get too down and out as a result. If you're thinking of reapplying then go ahead, but make sure it is for the right reasons. Yes Cambridge is an excellent univerity, one of the bests in the world. But I do urge you to look over your other offers as well and choose the next best.
    Don't take a gap year unless it'll be worth you while. It's not fun all the time, I should know. And I've also come to learn that things happen for a reson. You may not beleive in that sort of thing, but you never know..something better could be waiting out there for you. Sometimes, we want things sooo much that we fail to realise that either they're not the right thing for us, or that other possibilities do exist.
    So take this as a learning opportunity, not a set back and do think carefully of the decision you make hereafter.
    Thank you :love:
    Im just about to say this ... i think its because im still in the mood for Cambridge, i just known my rejection for less than 7 hours and actually, this afternoon, i thought even if i can reapply as a first year from somewhere, lse hopefully, will I be willing to leave everything that i have in one year, friends i made, teachers, city, and other stuff that i got used to? probably not. if i have to take a gap year, its even more likely to be a No answer because my family situation doesnt allow it. ...A bit too long, but because of your long post :love: :shakehand

Im still very sad and dissappointed at the moment, especially when recalling all good comments that I got when applying and interviewed...however, im trying to think about LSE as Im waiting for another 2 choices ...hopefully ... LSE is great as all my friends are there and all the activities I love, and London is great... if the worst happens then I will go to Aston/Man/Bath..havent decided yet...

for all the ones get rejected...we're sad, of course...but Im sure we all understand that 'Oxbridge always involves a bit of luck' ..it doesnt mean we are not that good... yeah, and Redsapphere is right, sometimes, life happens just to open another direction for you...who knows... No one knows for sure all the Oxbridge people are better off than outsiders hehehe

ReputationRep:
    Can I join the club? Rejected for Engineering. I lost the oppurtunity to study at Cambridge and Cambridge lost my support fot them during the Boat Race so the net loss is theirs imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shyopstv)
    Can I join the club? Rejected for Engineering. I lost the oppurtunity to study at Cambridge and Cambridge lost my support fot them during the Boat Race so the net loss is theirs imo
    have you decided where to go next year?
    ----
    I know a guy in my college, he's in 2nd year now, Bristol or smt, he still hurts when someone talks about Camb, can you believe it? and definitely he will say like this " oh well, Cambridge? I dont like them, they are not good enough for me, even if they give me an offer, I will not accept it" hehe, hes really funny and just says it for fun :p:
    ----

any of you going to open thread like 'Cambridge is horrible, i dont like it anyway"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valerious)
    any of you going to open thread like 'Cambridge is horrible, i dont like it anyway"
    I loved Cambridge and after this disappointment/shock (understatement) has worn off I will want to be there as much as I did this morning.
    At the moment this is overshadowed by anger at them for making me feel like the stupidest person in the world though. Obviously this wasn't intended... but... yeah. I just feel like a fool at the moment to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)
    I loved Cambridge and after this disappointment/shock (understatement) has worn off I will want to be there as much as I did this morning.
    At the moment this is overshadowed by anger at them for making me feel like the stupidest person in the world though. Obviously this wasn't intended... but... yeah. I just feel like a fool at the moment to be honest.
    :hugs: Am really sorry. Some practical advice - email the admissions tutor and ask for your interview feedback which colleges are used to giving out and you are legally entited to anyway. This will be vital later on if you decide to reapply. The feedback should give you a good idea of what went wrong and whether it would be worth reapplying - for example if the problem was just nerves/not enough preparation. Please PM me if you want any advice.

H xx

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.