Have Become a little Chubby Watch

President_Ben
Badges: 13
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by susiemakemeblue)
Actually, it's the people who can't dance that hardly move.
Exactly. Like me. Unless I'm wasted. In which case, it all balances out and I'm no better off in that sense. Unfortunately, my blood-alcohol will almost always cause some kind of swaying as I constantly try and balance myself which some people think is me dancing.

we aint talking about doing the tango here. in a club people that dance hardly move. it has minimal effects. going for a walk would do you more good.
You need to go into more clubs where dancing is the name of the game Can understand if as a man you just end up a spectator looking at all the pretty sights but your heart should still be pumping then
Bis
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
you obviously dont understand exercise too well. standing around swaying your arms in the air is not effective cardiovascular exercise.
President_Ben
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by bis432)
you obviously dont understand exercise too well. standing around swaying your arms in the air is not effective cardiovascular exercise.
That is classic dead pan or you are immune to beautiful women. Which would be a tragedy
rishman
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
go jogging in the morning (stick your ipod or whatever in your ears, makes it seem so much easier) before eating to target your fat stores (as you havent eaten since the night before)

Drink LOADS of water-water crucial for fat burning

Eat more protein (i ain't talking the shakes or anything, just try and eat more chicken etc.)-its healthy (well obviously depends how you cook it) and fills you up quicker and for longer

Since you are on holiday try and eat 5 small meals a day instead of 3 big ones, will keep you satisfied for longer, you'll burn more calories and you'll probably eat less overall

Get a good load of fruit down you (and take a multivit if you want)-vitamins (especially B vitaminds) needed for fat burn-Or drink smoothies (if eating fruit isnt your thing-but smoothies are expensive)

Drink Green tea (proven to aid fat burn)

Hope that helps
Apricot Fairy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It's not dancing either. Not on this planet, anyway.

Tell me, have you ever pulled doing that? Have you ever pulled at all??
pete77
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Little Girl Red)
Since I've been at uni I've put on a bit of weight - not much, only like 5lb or so. But it bothers me!! I have been 7 st 10lb for at least a year, and sudddenly I have put on 5lb in 3 months. Now, we're coming up to christmas, and I'm going to get chubbier.
I feel fat, my stomach feels flabby - I know, I KNOW I'm over-reacting, but I want to do something about it!!
Anybody got any idea of how I can get back down to my normal weight - its hardly much? Is swimming a good idea? I really enjoy it and live like 5 mins from the uni pool.
Any other ideas? Foods to knock out of the diet over christmas?
Thanks guys.
Swimming is excellent for weight loss but you need to be regular and do reasonable lengths of time to see the diffence @!

Also cut down on take outs, chocolates etc and have some protein, veg & fruit !

Join the Gym if u can cardiovascular exercises help much !
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by lessthanthree)
so not true on the dancing. Dancing is a massively good way of dropping cals. I have DONE it, so it's not impossible. It is literally dancing your ass off for 3-4-5 hours at a time.
totally agree swimming is ace for toning the arms and tummy and I've also found that about dancing the only problem is resisting the burger at the end of the night which undoes all the good work.
OppressedMass
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Less crap food, jog as much as you can - probably the best for you. Or if you feel like doing something new - Row!
Time To Dance...
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
...does alcohol REALLY make you put on that much weight?!

(please say no...)
Little Girl Red
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
thanks for all the helpful advice guys - I may well go out and do a bit of jogging since I am way too stingy to join the gym :P and being a music student I have plenty of free time for swimming (which I realy enjoy!)
Merry Christmas!
President_Ben
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by epidode4)
...does alcohol REALLY make you put on that much weight?!

(please say no...)
No

(ok, well, actually, it does - sorry)

--------------

(Original post by lessthanthree)
No, in short. I dance a lot to a point at which it's more vigorous than a gym session. :cool:
And what do you dance to?
latentcorpse
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
im putting on weight as well i am now like almost 14 stone but i am 6 and a half fott tall so i am still a rake but at the rate i am putting it on - i am worried!
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Lamarr)
I agree with all you say there other than that, the body starts to revert to stored fat as the main energy source after about 30 minutes of exercise so... obviously 30mins + is better if they have the time. I would also say a slow release protein such at cottage cheese before bed is better than nothing.

Obviously im thinking as a body builder here trying to maintain muscle mass at the same time, which isn't so much of an issue for most as they can afford to go into negative calorie intake ever so slightly and have no problems with muscle loss, so then 20 mins of cardio still has some effect.
Your body burns fat from the minute you start exercising, and how much fat is burned after that depends on heart-rate.
Fleece
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
sure, it burns off a few calories. maybe hours of it would be about enough to burn off a slice of bread. very very very ineffective method of losing weight though im afraid. it does no more than walking around for a while.
what are you basing that on? Dancing for about an hour burns roughly 400 calories.....
a glass of whole milk is 150 calories.....
a slice of bread is about 265...

do the math.

dancing IS a very good way to lose weight.

of course it does more than walking around for a while - it's full on aerobic exercise!
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Fleece)
what are you basing that on? Dancing for about an hour burns roughly 400 calories.....

do the math.

of course it does more than walking around for a while - it's full on aerobic exercise!
WHAT TYPE OF BREAD DO YOU EAT?!
Bis
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Fleece)

do the math.

absolutely everything you just said is incorrect. 265 calories in a slice of bread?! are you off your tree? maybe a thick slice of bread smothered in lard.
Apricot Fairy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by cor)
WHAT TYPE OF BREAD DO YOU EAT?!
:rofl:
Fleece
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
absolutely everything you just said is incorrect. 265 calories in a slice of bread?! are you off your tree? maybe a thick slice of bread smothered in lard.
oops i just checked this site for quickness

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk...ead_bakery.htm

was for 100g

and why does that mean EVERYTHING is wrong? one thing..
Bis
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
nope im sorry but everything you said was wrong, believe me.
Fleece
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
err well instead of just saying "you're wrong" - prove otherwise? cos your argument is pretty lame!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (628)
80.62%
Leave (151)
19.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed