Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangomaz)
    Yeah vodka has hardly any calories. Same with diet coke. Love it :p: (actually not that much.. only if I want to get a little bit drunk)
    A shot of vodka has 70 calories..

ReputationRep:
    Well if you do it 2 or 3 nights a week and you're working up a proper sweat (through actually dancing not just because it might be packed) then it can easily affect your weight.
    pah, do you think that running for example (or any cardiovasular activity) is very effective in helping you lose weight? no it doesnt, it helps tone and build muscle and increase your fitness, but it takes a lot more to drop those pounds. Same with dancing, good for fitness but the fag smoke and the alcohol consumed probably takes it out of you anyway lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    pah, do you think that running for example (or any cardiovasular activity) is very effective in helping you lose weight? no it doesnt, it helps tone and build muscle and increase your fitness, but it takes a lot more to drop those pounds. Same with dancing, good for fitness but the fag smoke and the alcohol consumed probably takes it out of you anyway lol
    Of course running helps you lose weight - its one of the most effective forms of weight loss through excercise :confused:

And yes it does tone and build muscle at the same time but you cant exactly ignore the weight loss it would induce.

ReputationRep:
    Of course running helps you lose weight - its one of the most effective forms of weight loss through excercise :confused:

And yes it does tone and build muscle at the same time but you cant exactly ignore the weight loss it would induce.
    if you are dedicated to running then yes it will help you lose weight, I overstated what I meant then. I think irregular eating/sleeping patterns along with diet is a more likely source of weight loss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    if you are dedicated to running then yes it will help you lose weight, I overstated what I meant then. I think irregular eating/sleeping patterns along with diet is a more likely source of weight loss
    Oh right yes obviously being dedicated plays a big part.

ReputationRep:
    tone and build muscle? they are pretty much the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bis432)
    tone and build muscle? they are pretty much the same thing.
    I didnt say they werent.

ReputationRep:
    I think irregular eating/sleeping patterns along with diet is a more likely source of weight loss
    Nah, I have the most irregular sleeping/eating patterns in the world, and I've still put on weight. I mean, for a couple of days a week, I get up at 7.30. The other few days I either get up at 10.30 or 1.30 (depending on my lecture times etc). Then I will vary going to bed on how tired I am, usually from about 1-4am. Sometimes I will have a nap. For example, these last few days, I have got up at 12.30, 7.30, 7.30, 9.45. And gone to sleep at - 2am, 1am, 12 and (well I'm planning to go to bed in like an hour to be honest, I'm shattered). Plus I really don't eat regularly at all.

On the plus side, over the past day or so I have been exercising round my house, running down the road and stuff (my boyfriend's away so I have like nothing to do). And I have lost a pound!! Yay!!
    Still planning on going swimming, doing stomach crunches etc (have been doing a few of them too) when I'm back at uni, just cos I wanna feel better about myself and not like a chub-chub.

ReputationRep:
    bis432, are you ever going to give up? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    doubtfully

ReputationRep:
    Well you can just carry on making an arse out of yourself then. :rolleyes:

(Original post by susiemakemeblue)
    Well you can just carry on making an arse out of yourself then. :rolleyes:
    Time to stop caring

When do we all get that video to see how energetic dancing is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)
    Time to stop caring

When do we all get that video to see how energetic dancing is?
    No video, sadly!

(Original post by susiemakemeblue)
    No video, sadly!

ReputationRep:
    Well you can just carry on making an arse out of yourself then.
    good idea. im just not quite sure how im making an 'arse' out of myself? perhaps because you dont like being incorrect. i just dont want people to delude themselves in thinking that going clubbing and doing a little 'dancing', drinking alcohol and inhaling second hand smoke is a healthy thing and will make them lose weight when infact it usually has the opposite effect. its best if people know the facts. other people have agreed with what i have said so why do you keep arguing with me with your fallacious ideas? clubbing aint good for cardiovascular exercise.

good idea. im just not quite sure how im making an 'arse' out of myself? perhaps because you dont like being incorrect. i just dont want people to delude themselves in thinking that going clubbing and doing a little 'dancing', drinking alcohol and inhaling second hand smoke is a healthy thing and will make them lose weight when infact it usually has the opposite effect. its best if people know the facts. other people have agreed with what i have said so why do you keep arguing with me with your fallacious ideas? clubbing aint good for cardiovascular exercise.
    bis - good advice and information is rarely free - we should appreciate the times it is.

Don't try and get a last word. Don't try and carry on with this position.

Clubbing can clearly be good cardiovascular exercise. People will dance with minimal rest for hours with their heart going at 60% to 80% capacity. This is not something to dispute. This just is.

Now, join me in trying to persuade susiemakemeblue to put up a video of her dancing energetically That's much better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)
    bis - good advice and information is rarely free - we should appreciate the times it is.

Don't try and get a last word. Don't try and carry on with this position.

Clubbing can clearly be good cardiovascular exercise. People will dance with minimal rest for hours with their heart going at 60% to 80% capacity. This is not something to dispute. This just is.

Now, join me in trying to persuade susiemakemeblue to put up a video of her dancing energetically That's much better
    ok ok ok. just trying to help. il stop my stubbornness.

so yeah ive given in so stop neg repping me and post up a video of you 'dancing' energetically.

ok ok ok. just trying to help. il stop my stubbornness.

so yeah ive given in so stop neg repping me and post up a video of you 'dancing' energetically.
    I don't neg rep anyone for disagreeing with me.

And a video of susie dancing would be :cool:

ReputationRep:
    yeah i know. its not hard to guess who does. in future il just try my best not to give out correct advice and information.

and yes the video would be funny, but she wont do it. and do you know why? its because she cant dance to save her life
    just kidding - resist the urge to neg rep me

ReputationRep:
    Bit rich coming from someone who thinks dancing is standing around waving your arms in the air. Sexy, real sexy.

I said you were making an arse out of yourself because you continue to go, "No, I'm right and you're wrong! I know I'm right, I'm always right!" when pretty much everyone else in the thread was disagreeing with you. Stop digging, moron.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2005
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.