The Student Room Group

Computer Science and IT applicants for 2012 Entry

Scroll to see replies

I guess that gives me some hope then, thanks for the info :smile:
Reply 81
Original post by derng
My friend got an interview invite for CS 2 days ago and he told me that there is one more day left open for booking around mid-march...

yes this is true my interview date is on the 14th of march

i applied for mathematical computation

anyone else???
I applied for that too :s-smilie:
Reply 83
Original post by meraphox
yes this is true my interview date is on the 14th of march

i applied for mathematical computation

anyone else???

hey may I ask what's your AS and predicted grades?
Reply 84
Original post by ButternutAngelhut
I applied for that too :s-smilie:

have you tried emailing them or calling them to ask about the admission process?
Reply 85
Original post by derng
hey may I ask what's your AS and predicted grades?

AS
Chem - B
Physics - B
Maths - A
F.Maths - pending

A2
Physics - predicted A
Maths - predicted A
F.maths - predicted A
Original post by derng
have you tried emailing them or calling them to ask about the admission process?

No I haven't done so. I'll wait till tmr being the 31st.
Reply 87
No I haven't done so. I'll wait till tmr being the 31st.

Oh ok, tell me how it goes plz =]
I hope they'll let me know by tmr because I'm terrified of asking them about the process!
Reply 89
I hope they'll let me know by tmr because I'm terrified of asking them about the process!

i've done it twice already.
damn person said it was going to be last week they'll get back to me but he lied lol and i emailed another person and that person apologised for any inconvenience and that i should contact another person...it got tiring after that and i just gave up.

oh and may i know your AS and predicted grades?
I didn't cash in my grades, but I was predicted A* math A fmath A/B Chemistry
Reply 91
I didn't cash in my grades, but I was predicted A* math A fmath A/B Chemistry

oh well done, what unis did you apply to? any other offers yet?
I have offers from Kings, Edinburgh and Nottingham so far
I have an interview with Bath.
How about you :smile:
Reply 93
Lol I am so screwed taking Computer Science everyone is having like A* and stuff in their A-levels.

Ahhh, I think I am going to fall off a cliff now.
Reply 94
I have offers from Kings, Edinburgh and Nottingham so far
I have an interview with Bath.
How about you :smile:

I'm predicted A* A A (maths, computing and graphics)
I have offer from just kings and sussex =/
I already done my interview at UCL back around mid december and i got my bristol interview coming up this wednesday.
Nothing from imperial so i'm just going to withdraw my choice from there soon.
Original post by derng
I'm predicted A* A A (maths, computing and graphics)
I have offer from just kings and sussex =/
I already done my interview at UCL back around mid december and i got my bristol interview coming up this wednesday.
Nothing from imperial so i'm just going to withdraw my choice from there soon.

I wish I had applied for Bristol, oh well. Aww don't worry about Imperial you've done well so far.

Original post by PaperBoy
Lol I am so screwed taking Computer Science everyone is having like A* and stuff in their A-levels.

Ahhh, I think I am going to fall off a cliff now.

I'm not applying for a straight CS degree though, don't worry, but it is intimidating isn't it :frown:
Reply 96
Computer Science with a year in foundation (health reasons)

4 offers (Liverpool, Sussex, Middlesex & Westminster) and 1 rejection (brighton) :smile:

Hope everyone gets what they want :smile:
Reply 97
Wow kings is taking too long for me :frown:
Interview at ucl for 2 different courses one of them is CS
Offer from royal holloway - ABB
Imperial - unsuccessful :frown:
Original post by derng
i've done it twice already.
damn person said it was going to be last week they'll get back to me but he lied lol and i emailed another person and that person apologised for any inconvenience and that i should contact another person...it got tiring after that and i just gave up.

oh and may i know your AS and predicted grades?

Have you tried calling Sarah Clegg??? That was the number i was given to call and harass, but she appears to be "unable to answer he phone at this point in time". Might try calling back on Friday, or Saturday.

UCL is my last response, as soon as they respond, i can start firming and insuring, and finally put to rest the UCAS rock thats been weighing down in my heart since September.
Reply 99
Original post by FredrickTrott
Have you tried calling Sarah Clegg??? That was the number i was given to call and harass, but she appears to be "unable to answer he phone at this point in time". Might try calling back on Friday, or Saturday.

UCL is my last response, as soon as they respond, i can start firming and insuring, and finally put to rest the UCAS rock thats been weighing down in my heart since September.

Oh yeah I did, I emailed her and she replied the next day:
"Thank you for your email. I’m sorry you haven’t heard back from us yet. The Faculty of Engineering Science is currently considering your application and you should hear from them directly shortly.
If you want to contact them directly, the best person to speak to is Sarah Richey, email: [email protected], phone: +44 20 7679 7737."

I haven't contacted them yet but might do soon. Contacts is there if you want to email or call her, let me know her response.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending