Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    After seeing the Veyron, most other supercars just look ordinary now. Top Gear next on on Tuesday, I wonder if the stig will take it for a spin on the track?
    well...I would like to see that too...but I would LOVE to see the veyron race an F1 car or some of its equivalents (not that it has them...)

as far as driving legally in the UK goes, I would soooooooo want a carver - with cars that roll as you drive that would be amazing fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    well...I would like to see that too...but I would LOVE to see the veyron race an F1 car or some of its equivalents (not that it has them...)
    Actually, depending on the race track, the F1 would have the chance of beating the veyron. Veyron has power, F1 has speed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by V.P. Keys)
    Actually, depending on the race track, the F1 would have the chance of beating the veyron. Veyron has power, F1 has speed.
    now veyron as speed, f1 car has agility.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Chueco)
    now veyron as speed, f1 car has agility.
    When a car has so much BHP that it can't handle it, speed is comprimised.
    Okay I understand what you mean, veyron can reach greater speeds but it is slower at reaching those speeds.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think its that slow - didnt JC say it could reach 200 faster than a Maclaren F1 giving it a 200mph head start - that is serious gas.
    Also, if it is, as he claimed, the best handling road car he has ever driven, it would be a VERY interesting competition...hence why I wanna see it!

ReputationRep:
    The Veyron is too refined to be a proper supercar. Its got the performance, but its like a Rolls inside. Look at the F40, no traction control or anything, just seats with a huge engine behind and a body built around it

ReputationRep:
    I really don't see competition between the two. The veyron comes into the top heaviest cars ever. Heavier cars don't have the best of handling, and I would imagine all that speed and power going to waste for this reason.

I can see the veyron swinging from side to side as it turns into a corner! :rolleyes:

--------------

(Original post by OMGWTF)
    The Veyron is too refined to be a proper supercar. Its got the performance, but its like a Rolls inside. Look at the F40, no traction control or anything, just seats with a huge engine behind and a body built around it
    Exactly!

ReputationRep:
    its true - the same can be said of the F1 - no traction control, power steering.etc....
    but, they can obviously make cars that perform like space shuttles that can seat like ocean liners now - I wouldn't be complaining to be honest with you!

ReputationRep:
    The Veyron has speed and acceleration over the F1. They claim that the F1 could pass the stand still Veyron at 100mph as it floors it, and the Veyron will beat the F1 to 200mph. Basically the Veyron 0-200 time is less than the F1's 100-200 time. That's pretty incredible.

I agree with the people about the Viper. It is rather caveman-ish, certainly not better than a Veyron, but definately different. Take in mind that this is not a standard Viper with 1000bhp, but it has been treated by Hennessey, and that guy knows what the hell he's doing. But I don't think it will better than the Bugatti or Enzo.

The only sports car to still use leaf springs is the Vette. And if you've read any real driving reports, the leaf springs aren't all that bad. The way they're used is not old school. Niether is the materials used for them. I'm not too sure why they don't use coils, it must come down to cost. For the money, there isn't any real car that can touch it. And just wait 'til the Z06 comes out, it is going to be sick. Have a look at the cars it has beaten at the Ring, Zonda S, Lambos Ferrari's any many many more.

ReputationRep:
    Mighty ugly as well!

Prefer the Veyron ANY day.

ReputationRep:
    I like the Dodge Viper, it's more impressive what they've done with the engine than the Veyron. The Veyron is a car for a straight line and i'm sure it's possible to get a drag car for a lot cheaper than that. Anything else it's on it will perform poorly. Put it on a twisty track with very short striahgts and a VX220 turbo will show a Veyron how it's done. Having said that it's not particularly fair to compare it to such a car. I'd stil lrather have an F40, F1 or even a Murcielago or a hundred others come to think of it.

ReputationRep:
    I like the Dodge Viper, it's more impressive what they've done with the engine than the Veyron.
    So 1/100th of a second gearchanges aren't enough for you, but a production car with a huge turbo is just as good? lol

The Veyron is a car for a straight line and i'm sure it's possible to get a drag car for a lot cheaper than that.
    Yeah it is, except, it can corner. Probably better than the Viper, it wouldn't take much

ReputationRep:
    I can not actually understand why this thread exists. What's next? Which is a better sports car, a 3 pot corsa or an Enzo?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    I like the Dodge Viper, it's more impressive what they've done with the engine than the Veyron. The Veyron is a car for a straight line and i'm sure it's possible to get a drag car for a lot cheaper than that. Anything else it's on it will perform poorly. Put it on a twisty track with very short striahgts and a VX220 turbo will show a Veyron how it's done. Having said that it's not particularly fair to compare it to such a car. I'd stil lrather have an F40, F1 or even a Murcielago or a hundred others come to think of it.
    you obviously know nothing - the veyron is said to handle obscenely well, as does the enzo, whereas the viper is renowned for the two end of the car being interchangable at any moment.
    the veyrons 0-200 speed is faster than a Maclaren F1s 100-200 speed, so in that respect, its a lot more than just a big engine.

Being a bit wobbly gives it an added level of excitement :cool:

As for drag, you can get a scooter, attach an engine with a nitro and it'll outdrag a Thunderbird so...

ReputationRep:
    on a side note, is latter part of the thread comparing the veyron to an f1 car or a mclaren f1? some points support one car, some the other...

ReputationRep:
    maclaren I believe...although I did state up the top i would like to see it race an f1 car proper...

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't lamborghini or ferrari come in the same league (at all) as the veyron?

ReputationRep:
    haha. No. Probably alot better in the handling though, because of the weight and not being so ridiculously overpowered

(Original post by bikerx23)
    maclaren I believe...although I did state up the top i would like to see it race an f1 car proper...
    I'd like to see it race a F1 car when a lot of the unnecessary restrictions are stripped out... *melts*

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.