The Student Room Group

17 year old going out in Amsterdam

Sorry if thiss has been answered in the past, couldn't find it.

I'm going to Amsterdam with my friend for a few days in July. I'll be 18 but she'll be 17.
We looked into the drinking age and found out it's split but my question is if we go out at night will they turn us away because she's not 18?

thank you
I don't remember ever getting ID'd there. The drinking age is 16, though she will not be able to buy spirits, if they ID..they're very lax. I can't see blanket rejection anyway! Very weird vibe in some slubs there..never found a 'normal' one but the bars are great and have mental drink deals.
Reply 2
I don't think this will end well...
Original post by kat2pult

My thoughts entirely.
Your friend will be able to drink, not always to able to go in bars (there are no clubs), and rarely be admitted to coffee shops.
Reply 5
Thanks, so basically find somewhere that lets us in and send me to buy drinks? We. Can manage that.

not really to bothered about the coffee shops, my brother's review of them wasnt too great and he'd know.
Original post by kat2pult

This.
Original post by VaVe

not really to bothered about the coffee shops, my brother's review of them wasnt too great and he'd know.

Given that I've just got back from a week in 'Dam, I'd disagree. And I'd know :smug:
Reply 8
why would you not be let into coffee shops if you're not 18....?
Reply 9
Original post by rosebud122
why would you not be let into coffee shops if you're not 18....?

they don't just sell coffee
Reply 10
hey, just wanted to know, how did it go? my friend is 17 and im 18 and we are going to be in the same situation so it would be helpful to know how your trip went even though it was quite a few years ago :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest