The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Boristhethird
mine had a good 20mm (though it was the first time i had taken the cover off.

I haven't done that many miles with the chain, it wasn't all the gritty oil if any of you know what i mean, a far amount was just smooth looking, which isn't what i'd be expecting.
Hey guys, I've just bought an RS125 and I'm in the process of rebuilding the top end with help from my uncle before I do my CBT and get on the road. Thing is the bikes unrestricted and I read somewhere that you cannot Tax/MOT it without proof of restriction? Is this true, and I've seen hundreds of threads about how to de-restrict an Aprilia but not how to restrict it - is it even possible?
Nope, you'd don't need proof of restriction, however your insurance *might* ask for it. Or look for it if you crash. It should be possible, but not sure how

Quick google
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/community/Forums/Categories/Topic/?topic-id=7122

This is how to de-restrict it http://www.125ccsportsbikes.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31334
(edited 12 years ago)
Just seems like a hell of a lot of work to slow down my bike - its going against every cell in my body hahaha
Original post by ApriliaRS
Just seems like a hell of a lot of work to slow down my bike - its going against every cell in my body hahaha

Your cbt states you can only ride a bike restricted to 14.6bhp. By riding a bike over that you are effectively driving without a license or insurance. If you crash i take it you don;t have millions to repair the bike, yourself, who ever you hit, whatever you hit, and the ambulance fees? It just isn't worth the risk. Oh and record for driving without a license, and increased insurance costs due to the points/fine.

Restrict it, deal with it for this year, next year do your restricted test, or sooner if you can due to the new test regulations, then deal with 33bhp for 2 years then ride what you like, knowing byy gaining experience on slower bikes you should be able to avoid accidents that older people who get big bikes without experience get.
I know I know :smile:
Looks like the previous owner de-restricted it and left the old spark plug in, instead of putting a a BR10 in, deary me!
yeah, never trust previous bike owners, they never seem to know what they are doing. Especially if it's a bike i've owned :biggrin:
Haha thats the thing with 125's though, they're beginners bikes so I guess we all experiment with them :P
Haha thats the thing with 125's though, they're beginners bikes so I guess we all experiment with them :P

Never had a 125, i started messing round with my sv650, i crashed it after a week as the previous owner put the rear wheel on wonky, and since then.... it's a mess now (and broken but thats a different matter) but i love her. And i had my new bike a month before i started changing things

Why'd you decide to get a bike?
hello

been far to long but for onece i am using my pc and not my phone !

well its now 2012 my GF is begging me to go back out on the bike and the gole for the year is to ride a 1000cc bike ...fast ish

TTFN
anyone can ride a litre bike fast! being quick on it is what requires the skill!

(what do i know, im probably the slowest on the forum)
Original post by crazyjoyce

Tbh, lol...

I probs take that crown since i got boring and sensible in the last year. When i was riding with Oli/BW i was the slow one cruising at the back the whole time. Was nice riding though.

When it gets warmer, we need a meet. Easter sound good for peeps?
Original post by Bathwiggle
Never had a 125, i started messing round with my sv650, i crashed it after a week as the previous owner put the rear wheel on wonky, and since then.... it's a mess now (and broken but thats a different matter) but i love her. And i had my new bike a month before i started changing things

Why'd you decide to get a bike?

Jump in at the deepend then eh? Best way I think!
And I've recently got a part time job thats a bit of a distance away - and I drivings just too expensive! So i've gone from a die hard car fan to a bike nut within about 2 months haha!
Original post by MHorman
Tbh, lol...

I probs take that crown since i got boring and sensible in the last year. When i was riding with Oli/BW i was the slow one cruising at the back the whole time. Was nice riding though.

Easter sounds good. =)
Original post by GingerJak
hello

been far to long but for onece i am using my pc and not my phone !

well its now 2012 my GF is begging me to go back out on the bike and the gole for the year is to ride a 1000cc bike ...fast ish

TTFN

Be honest your gf wants to go on hte back of the bike with pet, not you! and just because i've got 2 lads who are wiling to let you on the bike's at the tt...

Original post by MHorman
Tbh, lol...

I was 2 up so we weren't going anywhere fast, but it was a good pootle. Next time someone else can go 2 up :biggrin:

anyone can ride a litre bike fast! being quick on it is what requires the skill!

Want to come and undo my front sprocket for me?

Jump in at the deepend then eh? Best way I think!
And I've recently got a part time job thats a bit of a distance away - and I drivings just too expensive! So i've gone from a die hard car fan to a bike nut within about 2 months haha!

Bikes are far more fun, although you will be wanting more quickly! Although if you wanted good mpg a rs possibly isn't the best bike

Want to come and undo my front sprocket for me?

i wish, i dont have time to do anything these days!
Reply 4516
Original post by MHorman

Original post by MHorman

:itsme:
i wish, i dont have time to do anything these days!

i have plenty of time, i have no working bikes and no way of fixing them. You still enjoying your job?
i have plenty of time, i have no working bikes and no way of fixing them. You still enjoying your job?

yeah i am thanks, apart from aforesaid lack of time. and i had to buy a car
yeah i am thanks, apart from aforesaid lack of time. and i had to buy a car

Fraid to say, a car was always going to happen. Although this winter if i hadn't got the saxo i really would have been screwed

Latest