The Student Room Group

Vac Schemes 2012: The early bird catches the firm!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2720
Original post by Old Reliable
They got back to me the next day.

I've read elsewhere on here now of them taking a week and a half to get back to people offering a vs, so my hopes aren't quite dashed yet. It's only a couple of days after they said they'd get in contact... I suppose I ought to wait until they're at least a week late to ring. It would be nice to know either way. Perhaps I'm on a miserable maybe pile somewhere.
Kennedys rejection.
Reply 2722
Speechly Bircham offer!! :biggrin: good luck everyone!!!!
Congrats to everyone who has offers!

I'm still in the middle of the depressing waiting/being rejected stage, so can anyone tell me if they've heard back from any of these firms? I applied for some of them so long ago that they've probably interviewed people and given out offers by now...

So any responses from:

Covington
Boodle Hatfield
Charles Russell
DMH Stallard
HLW
Hunters
Leathes Prior
Goody Burrett
White & Case?
Original post by crimples

Didn't you just have an interview with them today?! Well done!!! They must have loved you :P

Original post by LauraAS

I'm still in the middle of the depressing waiting/being rejected stage, so can anyone tell me if they've heard back from any of these firms? I applied for some of them so long ago that they've probably interviewed people and given out offers by now...

So any responses from:

Covington
Boodle Hatfield
Charles Russell
DMH Stallard
HLW
Hunters
Leathes Prior
Goody Burrett
White & Case?

Don't be too disheartened yet, the whole process seems to be taking a VERY long time this year. There also doesn't seem to be a clear process of how they're working through applications as some people have had interviews when they applied quite last minute whilst others have received offers later having applied early...it's all very confusing to me! I've also applied to Boodle Hatfield and Charles Russell but nothing from either of them yet.
Reply 2725
Original post by LauraAS

So any responses from:

Covington
Boodle Hatfield
Charles Russell
DMH Stallard
HLW
Hunters
Leathes Prior
Goody Burrett
White & Case?

Haven't heard anything from Charles Russell, not sure about any of the others, sorry
I've been asked to do an online test at TLT. Has anyone been further in the process yet this round?
There is someone in my year who is doing six vac schemes this summer. Is that even possible?! I don't know whether that is utterly amazing or incredibly sad?! Sure puts me to shame!
Reply 2728
Don't worry, they can't do a TC at 6 firms as well.
Original post by notsit
Don't worry, they can't do a TC at 6 firms as well.

Haha. I just hope they get their soul back by the end at the end of it all!

Well done!

Is anyone else still waiting to hear from them? It can't be good news this late, I had my interview 2 weeks ago.

Do some firms just not contact you if they aren't going to offer you a place or will they always give you a definitive answer?
Reply 2731
I realise that this might not be the right place to post this but I've applied for about 20 Vacation Schemes, having been rejected by 17 thus far, and if the worst comes to worst that I am rejected by the last 3 I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice.

I'm currently a final year at Queen Mary (BA History), working at a 2.1, and I was considering taking a few months out before starting my GDL to complete another A Level. My A Levels are currently ABC and I'm worried that this is thwarting my attempts to secure a Vacation Scheme. So I was just wondering do any of you guys agree/disagree with this view? Would taking another A Level drastically improve my application?

Here's a list of the sort of stuff that is on my applications.

Work experience:

- Worked in two high street law firms
- Worked for a high street accountancy firm
- Currently volunteer for a local law centre
- Currently work in a student shop on campus as a Supervisor
- Numerous volunteering abroad (in India) and whilst at university

ECs:

- Won a travel award and have led a student expedition
- Written articles for university newspaper
- Social Secretary for a university sports club
- Vice President for a university society
- Mentoring in university department

Any advice would be appreciated. Apologies if this post looks sloppy, I've been up for hours doing dissertation work and this is a useful distraction :P
Original post by exams are boring.
Well done!

Is anyone else still waiting to hear from them? It can't be good news this late, I had my interview 2 weeks ago.

Do some firms just not contact you if they aren't going to offer you a place or will they always give you a definitive answer?

I had my interview about 4 weeks ago and still haven't heard from them! I've been expecting a rejection for ages now but they're still leaving me hanging. I know someone else who got an offer the day after the interview so I think they are just making offers to the candidates they consider exceptional straight away and then waiting on everyone else until the end of interviews.

Though they informed me they'd be back in touch once interviews had finished in 1-2 weeks time!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2733
Original post by stefwad75
Didn't you just have an interview with them today?! Well done!!! They must have loved you :P

I had an interview yesterday with them. Thanks, so pleased :smile: good luck.
Reply 2734
Original post by exams are boring.
Well done!

They said to me that they were making calls today. I think their last interviews were today so maybe they will call at some point this evening or monday?

Good luck
I had an interview yesterday with them. Thanks, so pleased :smile: good luck.

They said to me that they were making calls today. I think their last interviews were today so maybe they will call at some point this evening or monday?

Good luck

Thanks, its nice to know that (hopefully!) they're going to put me out of my misery soon.

Congratulations :smile:
Original post by LauraAS

So any responses from:

Covington
Boodle Hatfield
Charles Russell
DMH Stallard
HLW
Hunters
Leathes Prior
Goody Burrett
White & Case?

I haven't heard from Boodle Hatfield yet!
Original post by lucycl
VS offer from Macfarlanes!
Aaaahhh first offer after a load of rejections!

hey, congrats on your offer. Could you please tell me how long they took to get back to you? I send off my application on the 22nd of January and have not heard anything yet..
Original post by LauraAS

So any responses from:

Covington
Boodle Hatfield
Charles Russell
DMH Stallard
HLW
Hunters
Leathes Prior
Goody Burrett
White & Case?

I am still waiting to hear from White & Case and Covington
Reply 2739
I'm still waiting to hear from Covington and Debevoise.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending