Hitler's theory of natural selection

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Blamps
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
I was just watching yet another documentary on Hitler ( a cliche but still) and it dawned on me that Hitler's application of his theory of natural selection was fundamentally flawed since the halocaust was indeed not natural but engineered....if the Jews were so less superior to the Nazis then why is it they were some of the most sucessful people and have become that today? I thought that it was brainpower, which determined the sucessfulness of humans in comparison to other organisms. Did Hitler overlook the interlectual power of people in determing who survived so that using the superior force of the Nazis was a justfied means of natural selection? Yet, surely there is another flaw in this justiforcation for Hitler's scientists helped in the development of the munitions and armanents that proved to be succesful in WWII.

Interestingly, there is a parallel on this as the British used Darwin's theory as a means of justifying the expansion of the empire in Africa and elsewhere. Now, enough of my ******ed attempt at Philosphy or whatever it comes under!
Saf!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
okay!......is it just me or are there two threads about this subject, by the same person
rIcHrD
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
One could contend that humans are part of the natural system (from which evolution stipulates they were created), thus any act by any human must be deemed natural - at least in the evolutionary context.
Nafisa
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
if anything despite the fact that jews were successful it was an irrationality of who they were and the threat they exhibited which galvansied support. Yes jews were intellectual but that worked against them as a majority of the german people voted to persecute them for just that....they believed they were finance capitalists and part of the conspiracy of 'stab in the back' theory of the german nation.

At the end of the day hitlers policy of natural selection was rather contradictory in itself....he advocated the master race -aryan he did not exhibit any of there qualities , he believed in social darwinism to an extent i.e. survival of the fittest but what one needs to examine is whether natural selection is contemporary times is justifiable.....
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (57)
4.77%
Uncertainty around my education (184)
15.38%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (132)
11.04%
Lack of purpose or motivation (171)
14.3%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (52)
4.35%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (68)
5.69%
Loneliness (101)
8.44%
Financial worries (40)
3.34%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (57)
4.77%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
4.68%
Lack of real life entertainment (64)
5.35%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (106)
8.86%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (108)
9.03%

Watched Threads