The Student Room Group

Working at Next

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
I'm just wondering, when will the next uniform change be? We had one in Janurary, so would I be right in assuming it's sometime in June/July/August.
Reply 541
Original post by Patrik
I'm just wondering, when will the next uniform change be? We had one in Janurary, so would I be right in assuming it's sometime in June/July/August.

Should be after the summer sale, so late july.
How much do they pay stockroom assistants? I applied for a job which is 6 hours p/w. I'm 17 btw. :smile:
Reply 543
Interview tomorrow! scared to death. I'm not great in interview situations :frown:

Do next allow piercings? I don't know whether to take mine out... or just ask during my interview and say I'd be able to take them out if required?
Just keep calm and relax
Original post by DingDong!
How much do they pay stockroom assistants? I applied for a job which is 6 hours p/w. I'm 17 btw. :smile:

thats ok for your age
Original post by BlackThunder10
thats ok for your age

What is?
What is?

nevermind i quoted the wrong person on the wrong thread
Reply 548
Got a job in the stockroom at Next. 4 hours per week @ £4.98 per hour. Better than nothing :tongue:
Original post by Lintu93
Got a job in the stockroom at Next. 4 hours per week @ £4.98 per hour. Better than nothing :tongue:

Nice, I've applied for the exact same job but for 6 hours. :smile:
Reply 550
What I hate about these retail store job applications is that they harp on about caring about the company and what you do etc when in reality 99% of young people doing a part time job at H&M or whatever are just doing it for the money and couldn't give a **** about the company.
Reply 551
Nice, I've applied for the exact same job but for 6 hours. :smile:

Good luck! :smile: Yeah my contract is 4 hours per week but I've been told that I'll probably be given quite a few more hours each week, which is good to hear.
Well, I joined Next only 4 months ago (if you click back a few pages you'll see my posts asking about what I should wear for the interview!) but I've just been given a permanent 16 hour contract working in the admin and cash office! Well chuffed!

More to that, due to managers leaving and the like, from Monday to Saturday of this week I'm going to be running the Home department! To say I feel a little bit overwhelmed would be an understatement haha, I've even been revising today everything they've taught me on how to keep it all running smoothly. We'll have to see how it goes...
Does anyone know how Next are with store transfers? i.e, being transferred from your store at uni to the one at home for summer?
Original post by Randomized
Wondering about this too. I like working here and i'd be gutted if i had to leave :frown:

How long have you been working there?
I just got an interview for stockroom Assistant with a Next opening up near by. What's the interview like and what should I wear? :smile:
Are interviews standard, like if I turn up dressed well and show encouragement would a job be likely?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 556
Original post by TeamBreezyRep
I just got an interview for stockroom Assistant with a Next opening up near by. What's the interview like and what should I wear? :smile:
Are interviews standard, like if I turn up dressed well and show encouragement would a job be likely?

Had an interview for stockroom assistant a few weeks back. The interviewer picked 3 of the questions that I answered from that online questionnaire and asked me why I picked them. We then went into the stockroom and she showed me where all the clothes went and how I should fold them. I was given a few items of clothing to hang up and a small pile to fold. I was then taken back to the office where I answered a few general questions (like what would be your greatest challenge if you got the job etc) and then we went over admin stuff like what hours I could work.

I wore a too-short-for-an-interview skirt, tights, a striped shirt and an unstructered fabric light grey blazer. I'd say my outfit definitely fell under the "smart-casual" rather than the "smart" category but I still got the job. Good luck :smile:
:biggrin: Thank you so much, better watch a few youtube vids regarding 'How to fold and hang clothes' :redface:
The store hasn't even opened yet so who knows what it'll be like.
Hi all.

what store is that for @ TeamBreezyRep?
-----------------------------------------------

I have an induction coming up and havent been told what to wear or what to expect, anyone got any ideas.

Ta
Reply 559
I failed the application stage :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending