Eczema and the pill??

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
right,
last year when i first started uni my eczema (which i've had since i was born, but has always been relatively under control) increased tenfold and basically made my life hell. a year later its calming down, but i have just heard that the pill (microgynon in particular, which i'm on) is known to drastically reduce eczema, something no doctor (including private ones) has ever bothered to tell me. - and i went on the pill roughly at the same time it got really bad.
so basically i'm wondering if many others have had the same thing, and whether i should get the hell off of it!

sensible answers please..
Anonymous #1
increase not reduce, sorry!
Anonymous #2
Report 9 years ago
i started on yasmin a few months ago, i have noticed that since then i have had patches on parts of my body i've never had eczema before, like on my hands and fingers. although its not got significantly worse on my legs which is where i've always had it
Anonymous #1
i asked my doctor about this yesterday and he's said the only way to tell is to come off of it for a month and go back on it. so i guess i'll be giving this a go..
franntastic
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've suffered from eczema all my life and has too, been relatively under control the whole time. Yet in September I started taking Microgynon and didn't notice much difference. It was when I was changed to Levest that I had the worst flare up I've ever had with it being so painful I would be in tears almost every day and almost refused to leave my flat. However, now I'm back on Microgynon and for the past 10 days (including the week where no pill is taken) my skin has reduced drastically and is now healing yet the skin is still blotchy and discoloured.
I guess it can vary for everyone!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (542)
33.83%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (661)
41.26%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (326)
20.35%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed