The Student Room Group
Reply 1
elpaw
of swearing..... (don't go if you are offended by thge word "god" you gods)

http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/table/0,7493,409833,00.html

Oh my God!

How is it possible for one newspaper to make so many useless league tables, got to admitt this is the funniest of the lot!

But how is ****** so highly placed! I don't find it that offence compared to others like ******, bastard, dickhead etc...
i was suprised that jesus christ was so high
I find it strange that 20% of people think 'Jew' is a very severe swear word.
Harry Potter
I find it strange that 20% of people think 'Jew' is a very severe swear word.

I don't get how "God" is a swear word. I don't like people who take religion too seriously.
Reply 5
thefish_uk
I don't get how "God" is a swear word. I don't like people who take religion too seriously.

I agree to an extent. A friend told me who went to kilroy studios to be in his audience that during the show they werent allowed to use religious undertones to express their opinions....we live in the 21st century for goodness sake if anything its a form of figurative language. Its quite ironic he actually got sacked or resigned for his extremism.... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
(hope you enjoy my anecdote there)
Reply 6
This is amusing. 1% of people don't think **** is swearing.
Reply 7
jammyd

Some people just don't believe that there is any such thing.
Reply 8
jammyd

This is quite an interesting read if you're really that interested.
Reply 9
Kuz
Oh my God!

How is it possible for one newspaper to make so many useless league tables, got to admitt this is the funniest of the lot!

But how is ****** so highly placed! I don't find it that offence compared to others like n*gg*r, b*st*rd, dickhead etc...

lefties...
Reply 10
loftx

i just remember our english teacher teaching us in the GCSEs that it meany "quaint honour" and referred to a woman's virginity
elpaw
i just remember our english teacher teaching us in the GCSEs that it meany "quaint honour" and referred to a woman's virginity

when you think about it, why are 'jew' and 'jesus christ' and 'god' really swearing?
is allah not swearing then.
O ALLAH i just stubbed my toe.
doesnt have the same ring to it
J
Reply 12
loftx

Cheers i'll give it a go.
Reply 13
Arghhhhhhhhhhh!!!

i read this thread and was so annoyed, i am currently writing my bibliography for my psychology coursework on aggression in lanaguage and these would have been so perfect... ah well, life sucks.

lou xxx
And some people tell me that only the BBC could make 'innovative and politically incorrect articles'.

Latest

Trending

Trending