Anyone here genuinely have no interest in other people? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Like, you don't get lonely, don't get urges to hang out with people. No interest in having a relationship, don't really care about having friends?

I'm like this and I just don't get lonely, like being on my own and really wouldn't mind living the rest of my life not talking to anyone.

Just wondering if anyone else is like this and if its relatively normal.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
nobody else is like this? am i sociopathic?
animalnitrate
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Like, you don't get lonely, don't get urges to hang out with people. No interest in having a relationship, don't really care about having friends?

I'm like this and I just don't get lonely, like being on my own and really wouldn't mind living the rest of my life not talking to anyone.

Morrissey.
David9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Are you autistic?

Because autistic people are unable to empathise with people other than themselves.
username616640
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
you're not very sociable?
but at least you don't get lonely :ahee:
bexter:)
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
yeah im like you, not really bothered
WhoFeelsLove?
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah I think i'm similar to you

However I always make sure to have 2 good friends.
Alpharius
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Not to the extent where I would like to live on my own and not talk to anyone. I know I'd cope, but wouldn't enjoy no company.

Otherwise its normal. I cope perfectly well on my own, not bothered about relationships (if they come, they come).

I do enjoy laughing at people who think they need a relationship to be complete. Twitards.
Ciaran88
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I usually find people fascinating.. for about 5 seconds until I realise there's nothing more to them than meets the eye. Sounds harsh but it's kinda true that most people our age are cookie cutter instaclones of one another who download their personalities from Hollyoaks.

But there are still an abundance of lovely interesting peeps out there and I cannae get enough of them :hugs:
Anabolicminds
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
yeah OP, its called being weird
Willpesh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

It sounds to be that you and Morrissey would be best friends.
Strawberrycayk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ciaran88)
I usually find people fascinating.. for about 5 seconds until I realise there's nothing more to them than meets the eye. Sounds harsh but it's kinda true that most people our age are cookie cutter instaclones of one another who download their personalities from Hollyoaks.

But there are still an abundance of lovely interesting peeps out there and I cannae get enough of them :hugs:

Exactly. I get bored of a lot of people, but I do know 2-3 who are actually interesting.

Otherwise I enjoy my own company, and a few books.
kerily
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by David9)
Are you autistic?

Because autistic people are unable to empathise with people other than themselves.

I totally had this rant on another thread today, but here goes: just because someone is a bit socially inept or a bit antisocial does not automatically mean that they're autistic. Autism is to do with more than just social impairment; it also has a variety of other symptoms and implications which vary between cases. It's true that the vast majority of autistic people are not terrific at empathising with other people, but this isn't always the case - for example, I'm autistic and I'm good at empathising with other autistic people, with animals, and with small children.

OP - if I were you, I would look into what it means to be asexual It's also true that people generally are just not as entertaining as some other things.
Cookies&Cream
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Nope... I like my "me time" though and I can happily not speak to anyone for a day or two. But I can also be very sociable and am usually the loudest person in the group, so... maybe I'm just a bit odd, haha.

If you're happy that way, then why not just carry on? Just be aware, if you live your life like this then you'll never have children, etc...
Mrcontroversy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

lol...we are on the opposite sides of the pole.......but i wish i was like you
yokabasha
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yh I'm a bit like that, my mates have to always ask me out, not really bothered about socials, but I do like having a laugh with people though, so I'm a bit of both.
Ciaran88
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Strawberrycayk)
Exactly. I get bored of a lot of people, but I do know 2-3 who are actually interesting.

Otherwise I enjoy my own company, and a few books.
^ There you have it lads, beautiful girls can be discerning and chilled too!
Picnic1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The only thing is though that other people may like you (perhaps partly because of a focussed interest in you in developing yourself) but over time, to their disappointment, they may slowly start to see that you have an invisible wall up. And then they may move on to someone who feeds back more rather than someone who, at best, absorbs interest like a sponge but gives nothing back except insights to your own ego and, at worst, is indifferent. Then, once interest in you dries up, you will thrive for a bit on your own aptitudes and interests until you find that they might start to wane a bit due to there being no-one to spur you on or due to you or other people wearying of what could be seen as your role, intended or not, as an eternal outsider.

All that said, I think that it is completely normal for people to feel like you do (I know I have) especially if they are not religious. Inaction on your part to other people is not bad in itself, although if you knew that some action from yourself could have prevented a bad situation from occurring then it's not particularly good either.

I'm not saying that it is necessarily more moral to do so but it may be a good idea in terms of 'variety is the spice of life' to try something new from time to time. I'm not suggesting you have to do it all the time but , sometimes, the more uninteresting the person seems, the more you might want to start to think 'still waters can hide great depths' and there may come a point in your conversation with them where you start to feel like the uninteresting one in some regard that might not have even bothered you before and then it becomes an opportunity for you to progress yourself by maybe getting involved with whatever activity they do.

You might actually be more honest by not feigning interest in other people. But unless you are particularly cute it might not work. So it is about being emotionally clever (not emotionally manipulative- a fine line there though and debatable) with other people (rather than just with yourself) to some extent.
Kage
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Without human interaction, you would slowly go insane. That is the truth
AspiringGenius
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I get bored and irritated with a lot of people. I oerfer my own company and will often find myself taking myself away from the group to think to myself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads