I ve got a question about homework to those who study at grammar school

Watch
This discussion is closed.
IZZY!
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
I am studying at year 10 in comprehensive school and want to do my gcse very well mostly on A* and A. I am very worried about homework that teacher gives to us, for me seems that there is too little homework. i would like to know from people who study at grammar school how much homework do you have per day, for how many subjects and for how long do u spend on ur homework each night??
shambles
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
i'm meant to get about 3/4 subjects a night, that each take about 1-2 hours. but i dont usually get that, its different every day. we also given the coursework stuff to do on top of homework.

shambles x
IZZY!
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by shambles)
i'm meant to get about 3/4 subjects a night, that each take about 1-2 hours. but i dont usually get that, its different every day. we also given the coursework stuff to do on top of homework.

shambles x
u ve got a lot of it compared to me. i ve got only 1 or 2 and only sometimes staff for coursework. do u go to grammar school??
shambles
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
yeah i do. im in year 10 as well. but like i sed, we dont usually get as much as that much anyway
Harry Potter
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
I'm in year 11 at a grammar school and I'd say that I get homework about one in two nights. It depends a lot on which subjects you do and which teachers you get. For example, I very rarely get any homework for German, IT, Physics, Maths, English or RE but I always get about 30 mins of homework from Biology and often get about 1hr30 of history. I probably spend about 20 minutes a night on average, excluding coursework.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by IZZY!)
I am studying at year 10 in comprehensive school and want to do my gcse very well mostly on A* and A. I am very worried about homework that teacher gives to us, for me seems that there is too little homework. i would like to know from people who study at grammar school how much homework do you have per day, for how many subjects and for how long do u spend on ur homework each night??
We don't actually get that much homework... well it's mainly coursework at the moment when we get it.

Currently set homework that is due in in the future:

RS - finishing something we did in class
English - redo a question from mock exam
History - do a task involving research

as well as...

DT coursework - due in after half term
Art coursework - due in a week after half term
Maths coursework - working on it now to begin write up next Wednesday
Chemistry coursework - due in after half term

do you take that to be a lot?
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I go to a Grammar school. I was in year 11 last year and I got quite a lot of homework and coursework, especially leading up to the exams. Sometimes i was getting up to five subjects a night, but then again there were days where i wouldn't get any. This was quite rare though. My sister is in year 10 at a comprehensive and she gets much less homework than i got when i was in year 10
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (126)
4.91%
Uncertainty around my education (380)
14.8%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (285)
11.1%
Lack of purpose or motivation (361)
14.06%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (120)
4.67%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (155)
6.04%
Loneliness (218)
8.49%
Financial worries (94)
3.66%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (106)
4.13%
Exposure to negative news/social media (120)
4.67%
Lack of real life entertainment (135)
5.26%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (225)
8.77%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (242)
9.43%

Watched Threads