The Student Room Group

Why do people HATE JEWS?

For almost 2000 years Jews everywhere have been persecuted. By Europeans, Arabs, Americans, Muslims & Christians. Theyve been beaten, raped, robbed, exiled, you name it. Is it purely for religious reasons? WHY??? Because christians blame jews for killing christ? Because muslims blame jews as pigs who oppressed mohammed?

Well christianity had been reformed but apparently many christians still hate jews. And so does many athiests.

WHY??? Because of the Palestinian issue? Heck the Indonesians, Russians & the africans have done worst.

Why do people love hating jews?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
DoctorNO
For almost 2000 years Jews everywhere have been persecuted. By Europeans, Arabs, Americans, Muslims & Christians. Theyve been beaten, raped, robbed, exiled, you name it. Is it purely for religious reasons? WHY??? Because christians blame jews for killing christ? Because muslims blame jews as pigs who oppressed mohammed?

Well christianity had been reformed but apparently many christians still hate jews. And so does many athiests.

WHY??? Because of the Palestinian issue? Heck the Indonesians, Russians & the africans have done worst.

Oh Lord.....I feel another Jew/Arab/Palestine/Islam thread on the way!
Reply 2
Howard
Oh Lord.....I feel another Jew/Arab/Palestine/Islam thread on the way!

yep! :redface:
Reply 3
I don't know any 'Jew-haters' (I'm not going to claim they don't exist though), I do know plenty of people who do not agree with the actions of the State of Israel.
Reply 4
u seem to hate muslims................why??
Reply 5
DoctorNO

try having red hair :biggrin:
Reply 6
DoctorNO

Everybody needs someone to hate. Jews have always been the recipeints of the less-desirable aspects human nature, be it due to apparent 'blasphemy' (thanks to Catholics of the middle-ages for that one) or 'impurity' (Hitler, you great big bastard).
Reply 7
me!

Hehe, to trivialise is always the best way to understand :-D
Reply 8
me!

Try having different-coloured eyes.
Reply 9
Mr White
Try having different-coloured eyes.

i do... and they change colour too...
Reply 10
claire1985
Hehe, to trivialise is always the best way to understand :-D

We were doing about Alexander III and Russification in history, and I couldn't help wondering why people seem to have it in for the Jews quite so much. I'm not sure what they've ever done to deserve all the crap they've had to put up with. :confused:
i dont hate anyone, except t blair of course.

but wots the point in hateing people?
Reply 12
Frances
We were doing about Alexander III and Russification in history, and I couldn't help wondering why people seem to have it in for the Jews quite so much. I'm not sure what they've ever done to deserve all the crap they've had to put up with. :confused:

i don't understand either.........but i know a lot of ppl who hate jews bacause of wots happening in israel now
Anti-semitism is the most dumb thing ever.

Why take religion so seriously?

I have two friends who are Jewish. They are two of the nicest people I know. One of them is the nicest person I know. I'd defend both of them in an religious-motivated argument, even if I didn't really agree with them, because I hate people discriminating due to religion.

And please can we keep the Israel and Palestine based discussion to the other thread, before it comes here?
Reply 14
Saf!
i don't understand either.........but i know a lot of ppl who hate jews bacause of wots happening in israel now

A lot of people hate people just because... I don't get it either, but seriously try having red hair...
Reply 15
DoctorNO
For almost 2000 years Jews everywhere have been persecuted. By Europeans, Arabs, Americans, Muslims & Christians. Theyve been beaten, raped, robbed, exiled, you name it. Is it purely for religious reasons?
Old style Jew-hating (ie pre-Enlightenment) had its rationale in religion. The enlightenment (Darwin etc) led to the develop of scientific racism (hierarchy of race etc) on which modern anti-Semitism (Hitler etc) based their philosophies.

When you think about it, it is a very important distinction. Whereas previously there could always be ‘one good Jew’ who was a friend or neighbour, now the negative traits were inherent and indelible to hate one was to hate them all. This progression led to a change in the nature of anti-semitic violence. Whereas before pogroms were sporadic, and often an irrational and angry reaction to other hardships, now violence could be fundamental, premeditated and cold. It is from this line of thinking that anti-semitic political parties began to emerge and ideas of elimination surfaced for the first time.

No easy answer. As I can't be bothered to type out a whole explanation, you'll have to make do with an extract from a recent essay of mine.. (about the changing nature of a-s in germany)...

The reasons for the changing nature of anti-Semitism must be understood in terms of three distinct factors. First, the ‘enabling’ factors that provided a basis for the change, the long tradition of Jew hating in Germany and scientific advances that provided a justification for anti-Semitism. Secondly, the friction generated between the general population and the Jews, as a result of the industrialisation and urbanisation processes, economic and military failures and the coincidence of these hardships with the ‘rise’ and sudden emancipation of the Jews. Thirdly, the way in which any chance of tolerance was lost by the evolution of a vicious nationalism based around the relationship between ‘blood and soil’, and the necessary rejection of the Jews as the antithesis of this.

Of course, that doesn't explain the roots of it...that is for another time. One phrase, though, say a hell of a lot: christ killers.
Reply 16
Saf!
i don't understand either.........but i know a lot of ppl who hate jews because of wots happening in israel now

But why should they hate all Jews because of what's happening because of the Israeli/Palestine situation? It's as stupid as hating all Muslims because of the Israeli/Palestine situation. Admittedly, neither side does themselves any favors, but still. People are just stupid sometimes...
Reply 17
kildare
I don't know any 'Jew-haters' (I'm not going to claim they don't exist though), I do know plenty of people who do not agree with the actions of the State of Israel.

I agree with this. Personally, the issue is more Israel than Judaism.
Reply 18
Frances
But why should they hate all Jews because of what's happening because of the Israeli/Palestine situation? It's as stupid as hating all Muslims because of the Israeli/Palestine situation. Admittedly, neither side does themselves any favors, but still. People are just stupid sometimes...

gud point..............personally i don't hate all jews
at the end of the day jesus was a jew- and if a christian hates jews then they cant say they then love jesus....so i dont know what your going on about.

love Katy ***

Latest

Trending

Trending