This discussion is closed.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Phew what a comeback. Before half time, the commentators were commentating and saying that man city were out of it, and wondering how many more tottenham would score. Come end of the break, man city com out flying, and win in the dying minutes. Didn't expect it, especially as man city lost 2 players in the 1st half inc Anelka, but

WELL DONE!!

Was a brill match to watch!
theone
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Phew what a comeback. Before half time, the commentators were commentating and saying that man city were out of it, and wondering how many more tottenham would score. Come end of the break, man city com out flying, and win in the dying minutes. Didn't expect it, especially as man city lost 2 players in the 1st half inc Anelka, but

WELL DONE!!

Was a brill match to watch!
It was incredible, I was watching it with a huge tottenham fan, what a brilliant game!
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
YOU'RE JOKING!!!

I left the match in the 55th minute (couldn't help it, my mum had to record something) with Spurs 3-1 up and the City keeper having to make a double save. I thought it was well over, 3-0 at half time looked pretty solid to me, and with Joey Barton sent off too. How could City possibly recover and win?!?!

This will change their whole season, I'm sure. But I have been genuinely shocked, and nothing at all shocks me. Oh well, it's a derby is it, bring it on!
Xenon
Rep:
?
Whoops, missed out man city having a man sent off at half time too. The match and comeback was incredible, and the goals were too. The man city goalie made some great saves!
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
YOU'RE JOKING!!!

I left the match in the 55th minute (couldn't help it, my mum had to record something) with Spurs 3-1 up and the City keeper having to make a double save. I thought it was well over, 3-0 at half time looked pretty solid to me, and with Joey Barton sent off too. How could City possibly recover and win?!?!

This will change their whole season, I'm sure. But I have been genuinely shocked, and nothing at all shocks me. Oh well, it's a derby is it, bring it on!
One word, Keegan!!!!!!!!
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
One word, Keegan!!!!!!!!
But how?! Keegan's a coward! How did he spur (oops!) his team on to do that? And with Anelka injured, and down one man in central midfield :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Stupid mum with her Asian TV, I wanted to see that!!! That's the Cup for you. Maybe if I take tomorrow off ill as well I can see it.
Xenon
Rep:
?
But how?! Keegan's a coward! How did he spur (oops!) his team on to do that? And with Anelka injured, and down one man in central midfield :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Stupid mum with her Asian TV, I wanted to see that!!! That's the Cup for you. Maybe if I take tomorrow off ill as well I can see it.
If not, just record it. It's definitely a game to watch
llama boy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
oh dear, spurs, oh dear...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahh ahahahahahaha!!!!

oh, it's funny things like this that keep you going.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
If not, just record it. It's definitely a game to watch
No kidding! What a talking point it's going to be tomorrow... and I won't be there
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
One word, Keegan!!!!!!!!
Long live King Kev, he just hates defenders - great.

Unfortunately, I think he is best remembered for his outburst live on Sky. 'I'll love it, love it if we beat them!'
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by jammyd)
Long live King Kev, he just hates defenders - great.

Unfortunately, I think he is best remembered for his outburst live on Sky. 'I'll love it, love it if we beat them!'
Mwahahahaaaah! Yes Fergie!
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Mwahahahaaaah! Yes Fergie!
He's the man when it comes to mind games. Keegan does often use rather bizarre tactics, like in Euro 2000, England vs. Romania. England are winning and he brings on a striker for a midfielder.
jimmy_cricket
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
Oh my god, a a manchester derby!
Bring it on!!!!
Blue till I die!
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
mwahhhhhh spurs are sht. Robbie Keane was mouthing 'piece of piss' at half time - ha!
On another note, anyone notice that as soon as citeh were 2-0 down Anelka just walked off - what a walker!
Xenon
Rep:
?
No kidding! What a talking point it's going to be tomorrow... and I won't be there
There weren't any night highlights?
jediknight007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Even though Man City were 3-0 down with just 40 minutes gone, I had this weird feeling that something spectacular was going to happen. Obviously, I didn't think at the time that Man City were going to win 4-3 since Tottenham proved to be too strong, were playing at home and looked the more likely team to score the next goal. But once Man City clawed it back to 3-2, I was pretty sure Tottenham would crack and not win it.

Normally, if the highlights seem to last longer than usual (ie.showing more incidents or chances on goal etc...), I would assume that something spectacular occurs in the second half. However, if the first half of highlights seem to finish quickly, then I know I'm in for a boring match.
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by DanMushMan)
mwahhhhhh spurs are sht. Robbie Keane was mouthing 'piece of piss' at half time - ha!
On another note, anyone notice that as soon as citeh were 2-0 down Anelka just walked off - what a walker!
Anelka had injured his groin. I've had a groin strain before, and it's extrememly tough to play footie with it. He knew he wouldn't be able to play properly, so he went off.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Anelka had injured his groin. I've had a groin strain before, and it's extrememly tough to play footie with it. He knew he wouldn't be able to play properly, so he went off.
Should ask me to kiss it better

And I won't watch the highlights knowing Sky will rerun it tomorrow.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (210)
42.94%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (75)
15.34%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (196)
40.08%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
1.64%

Watched Threads