The Student Room Group

Have I understood my uni offer right?

My offer is "A minimum of 150 UCAS tariff points from at least 2 A levels or AVCE'S"

I do 2 A levels and the EPQ.

I am sure its telling me I can get 150 points across all three (2Alevels 1 EPQ) because it says "at least"

It just wants me to have at least 2 A levels and at least 150 points...so for example i couldnt get 100 points from 1 Alevel, 50 from my EPQ and fail the other A level.

If it wanted me to get 150 points in just the 2 A levels it wouldn't say "at least" right?

:biggrin:
me too
Reply 2
Thank you. Just i posted the same question the other day on yahoo answers and they told me I was wrong -.- and someone else said I was right.
I am 100% definitely in if i'm right.
Reply 3
"At least" is only referring to the quantity they specified - A-levels or AVCEs. It doesn't include the EPQ!
Reply 4
but I only do 2 A levels and why would they bother saying "at least" and not just say "A minimum of 150 UCAS tariff points from 2 A levels"
Reply 5
You are probably right but I would have interpreted that only the UCAS points from your A-Levels will be taken into account. Like that is generic message that they send out to lots of students who my be doing 2 or 3 A-levels. But I always get these things wrong, so don't listen to me.

I am always saying they need to make these things more clear!
Reply 6
Original post by grace iow92
but I only do 2 A levels and why would they bother saying "at least" and not just say "A minimum of 150 UCAS tariff points from 2 A levels"

Because they like to send that template out to everyone without a second thought, but I am almost certain that it does not include EPQ.
You should email them and ask just in case.
Reply 7
If you're really worried and can't get a good enough answer from these guys then call UCAS up, shouldn't take too long.

I think you're right though!
Note to self: Read abbreviations properly instead of skim-reading :colonhash:

Your EPQ is not an A level or an AVCE, therefore it is irrelevant. You need 150 points from your two A levels, ie. CC or equivalent (or better).

The "at least" part means you could get the points from three A levels, which doesn't help you since you're only doing two. It's probably a standard offer they've given.
Reply 9
Might just email their admissions then. If its just a standard offer they give to everyone I could be lucky and they do count the epq as well xD
Reply 10
No, you're not right. You have to pass both A-Levels (your example had you fail one: you can't) and the EPQ is irrelevent points-wise. So you need 150 points from the two A-Levels (CC, BD, AE or better)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending