There is no such thing as a 'British race' Watch

pierpebble
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
At least, not in the sense that you have 'BRITISH BLOOD'. Do you know what Britain is? It's a island that has been invaded by so many different cultures that we are now essentially CULTURELESS.

There is no 'British' culture. 'British' culture is a magpie culture - we steal from other cultures, stick in a cauldron and hodge-podge them together until we feel secure enough to say that we are 'British.'

Tell me, why is it that you are British and the Indian national isn't? Is it because he wasn't born in Britain? Is it because his parents weren't born in Britain? Is it because his first language isn't English? Go on, argue with me.

You're not British. You're a person from Britain. There is no British 'race'.

Edit: I suppose my question is: WHY do people think that Britain is defined by a skin colour? What do you think 'being British' means? Is it being born in Britain/having parents born in Britain/speaking English &c?

>>>>>> I admit that this is a bit of a bold and uh, flexible statement, but it applies in this context (the context of 'Britain is British and there is no room for other cultures'). I'm using my bold statements as a soundboard, and it wasn't my intention to offend those who strongly believe in British culture. I just want to know what people believe makes their blood British and, in the same way, someone else's NOT British.

Please, take your beliefs and put them in a box over there. Nobody's trying to take them from you or attack them. I want you to explain to me what you believe is British.

Also, having re-read my post, it doesn't come across very well. I mean that there is no... ahh it's hard to convey what I mean. There's no 'BRITISH CULTURE WITH NO ROOM FOR PAKIS'. There's no 'BRITISH CULTURE WITH NO ROOM FOR THE BLACKS', and so on. Do you understand? You're not the British race, to me, you're the British nationality. I hope you understand.
ritchie888
Badges: 14
Report 7 years ago
We owned two thirds of the world at one point.

There is no such thing as an 'ANYTHING race'.
Aj12
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We know. Only idiots like the BNP go on about the ethnic Britons
pierpebble
Rep:
?
(Original post by ritchie888)
We owned two thirds of the world at one point.

There is no such thing as an 'ANYTHING race'.
I don't understand how anybody can claim that they're like, 100% British or any **** like that, and that someone else isn't. Why does it even matter? You're like a mutt, just accept that Britain is a magpie culture
Coeusful
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by pierpebble)

So... Does this thread have a question, or... ?
93M
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
was just watching this, nick griffin is so dumb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFkWv...eature=related
El_Sid
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Um, alright. Thanks for clearing that up, I guess.
tufc
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The British race is defined not by skin colour, but by culture.
pierpebble
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aj12)
We know. Only idiots like the BNP go on about the ethnic Britons
It just astounds me, I can't understand it, I want someone to EXPLAIN to me what the hell is going through their heads
A.galloway
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
British = Nationality
Caucasian = Race
WSOP
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Dwayne Chambers disagrees
ritchie888
Report 7 years ago
I'm 100% British because I was born in Britain. My French friend is 0% British as he was born in France. Are you following?
The-Real-One
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
At least, not in the sense that you have 'BRITISH BLOOD'. Do you know what Britain is? It's a island that has been invaded by so many different cultures that we are now essentially CULTURELESS.

There is no 'British' culture. 'British' culture is a magpie culture - we steal from other cultures, stick in a cauldron and hodge-podge them together until we feel secure enough to say that we are 'British.'

Tell me, why is it that you are British and the Indian national isn't? Is it because he wasn't born in Britain? Is it because his parents weren't born in Britain? Is it because his first language isn't English? Go on, argue with me.

Muslims are not and never will be British.

/thread
User237126
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why is this in H&R?
in_vogue
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

I know you're expecting a lot of pos rep from this post, but I just hate it when people use this boring old argument, because yes, :congrats: you're right, but the same goes for every other country in the world: countries get invaded, borders change, populations move in and out of territories. You're British because you were borin in Britain, or because you've been brought up with a shared set of values and cultural references.
pierpebble
Rep:
?
(Original post by in_vogue)
I know you're expecting a lot of pos rep from this post, but I just hate it when people use this boring old argument, because yes, :congrats: you're right, but the same goes for every other country in the world: countries get invaded, borders change, populations move in and out of territories. You're British because you were borin in Britain, or because you've been brought up with a shared set of values and cultural references.
I don't even know what rep is for, sooo. It seems like people understand what it is to 'be British' and yet still a British Muslim apparently isn't British. Why?! I suppose that's my question.
Abrar91
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by The-Real-One)
Muslims are not and neverl will be British.

/thread
Some of them are. And there are some who are having a more positive impact on this country than you are.

Now explain your pathetic reasoning.
Wattsy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Americans claim to be 100% American when they were repressed religious groups from Spain, Britain etc. but nobody whines at them for banging on about GOD BLESS AMERICA.
pierpebble
Rep:
?
(Original post by Abrar91)
Some of them are. And there are some who are having a more positive impact on this country than you are.

Now explain your pathetic reasoning.
THIS is the kind of thing I mean. Is being Christian a part of being British? Why, when Christianity of any form is no longer our state religion?
in_vogue
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't even know what rep is for, sooo. It seems like people understand what it is to 'be British' and yet still a British Muslim apparently isn't British. Why?! I suppose that's my question.
Of course a BRITISH Muslim is BRITISH.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.6%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.86%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (136)
16.98%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.23%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (78)
9.74%
How can I be the best version of myself? (245)
30.59%

Watched Threads