The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Newark Hall- Jubilee Campus!!

Hello everyone!

I am currently a second year at Nottingham Uni studying History and Art History. During first year i was in Newark Hall on Jubilee Campus. It was literally the best year of my life! Met so many amazing people, could not ask for anything more!

If any of you guys out there are staying in Newark Hall 2011-2012 please don't hesitate to ask me any questions! I'll definitely try to answer! I will be around during Freshers week next academic year so it would be great to get to know some of you beforehand.
Reply 1
A bit of a random question but i like to shower really late at night and i was wondering if your neighbor could hear the shower from their room?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hows the internet on the campus? Is streaming videos or playing games in the rooms do-able?

Thanks for doing this!
Reply 3
Original post by taliman
A bit of a random question but i like to shower really late at night and i was wondering if your neighbor could hear the shower from their room?

Shower- No, its not tht bad. Some of my friends could sometimes but its hardly disturbing.
Reply 4
Original post by Nedtea
Hows the internet on the campus? Is streaming videos or playing games in the rooms do-able?

Thanks for doing this!

Internet- To be honest internet is not that great, it got better by the end of the year, so hopefully itll be better for your year! Streaming videos could be difficult as the uni blocks many sites that provides videos.
Reply 5
Hey Gracekitt,
How far is it from Newark Hall to The Built Environment building (architecture), by walking? Is it flat or hilly?
Cheers
I'm a second year (Ancient History) in Southwell across the road! :biggrin:
Reply 7
Hey :smile:
What are the rooms like? N are the walls thin? I dnt wanna disturb anyone with my music aha thanks
Reply 8
Original post by els93
Hey Gracekitt,
How far is it from Newark Hall to The Built Environment building (architecture), by walking? Is it flat or hilly?
Cheers

Yeh i wanted to ask this aswell :smile:
Gotta say i'm pretty excited now, thanks
How many people are in Newark roughly?
and did you mingle with people from Southwell a lot?
Original post by Grand Pepito
Gotta say i'm pretty excited now, thanks
How many people are in Newark roughly?
and did you mingle with people from Southwell a lot?

Newark and Southwell people mix quite a lot - mostly at mealtimes because both halls have their meals in The Atrium! Most of the people I hung around with last year were Newark people :biggrin:
I'm staying in Newark Hall. Mainly because I was too late to apply for accom on UP ha. Should be good though.
Reply 12
Hey! this may be a silly question, but are the beds single or 3/4 size???
Also, is there wireless in the rooms, or just the cable internet??? and it says there is a telephone connection- how does that work??? and do you have to bring a phone for this or is one provided??
Thank you :biggrin:
Original post by vickil46
Hey! this may be a silly question, but are the beds single or 3/4 size???
Also, is there wireless in the rooms, or just the cable internet??? and it says there is a telephone connection- how does that work??? and do you have to bring a phone for this or is one provided??
Thank you :biggrin:

Single beds.

There's wireless in the bar/JCR - in the rooms you need a cable.

There's a phone in the room, but you need to buy a phone card (they sell them in the Student Union shop!)
Reply 14
Fab!!

also, what are the rules and regs for people visiting and staying with you ?? :smile:
Are there any rooms that are larger than usual room sizes?
gonna be in newark hall in sept! so theres a fridge in every room but would there be some shared kitchen to make a snack?
So theres a fridge in every room? would there be a shared kitchen or somewhere to cook something for a snack
Reply 18
Are there only catered halls in Newark Halls?
Hi, silly question but how many rooms on each floor of the halls?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending