The Student Room Group

Change of Firm Uni Course

Hi Guys

So I'm planning to attend Keele university in September studying Business Management and Psychology as a dual honours (firm choice). However after thinking long and hard about it and discussing it with different people I believe ive made the wrong decision.

Ive always studied computing and IT in the past and also had quite an interest in psychology. I thought that studying psychology with business management would be a good idea but thinking about it now I'm not all that sure.

Anyway I want to change my course to business management and computer science. Considering im fairly sure about going into an IT related career and my interest in computing I think this will be the best way to go. Looking into it computer science seems to open up alot of options and overall I think it will be much better.

So ive contacted Keele and asked them if they can change it over for me, they told me to send them an email and they will get back to me shortly. When I asked what the chances of changing the course, they said however that the courses are currently over subscribed and there will be no guarantee.

Ive been worrying quite a lot about this since I dont want to go through university knowing I've chosen the wrong course. Im just wondering if anybody else has had a similar experience and what people think are the chances of them changing it over for me.

Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by summers4264
Hi Guys

So I'm planning to attend Keele university in September studying Business Management and Psychology as a dual honours (firm choice). However after thinking long and hard about it and discussing it with different people I believe ive made the wrong decision.

Ive always studied computing and IT in the past and also had quite an interest in psychology. I thought that studying psychology with business management would be a good idea but thinking about it now I'm not all that sure.

Anyway I want to change my course to business management and computer science. Considering im fairly sure about going into an IT related career and my interest in computing I think this will be the best way to go. Looking into it computer science seems to open up alot of options and overall I think it will be much better.

So ive contacted Keele and asked them if they can change it over for me, they told me to send them an email and they will get back to me shortly. When I asked what the chances of changing the course, they said however that the courses are currently over subscribed and there will be no guarantee.

Ive been worrying quite a lot about this since I dont want to go through university knowing I've chosen the wrong course. Im just wondering if anybody else has had a similar experience and what people think are the chances of them changing it over for me.

Thanks.

They've already told you that they'll consider your request but that the course is oversubscribed. This suggests that your chances are quite small. You just have to hope they can make it happen for you, otherwise it becomes a choice of considering doing the course you originally firmed, declining the offer and going through clearing, or foregoing uni this year to reapply next year. Hope you get onto the course you want though.
Reply 2
If they say no but you meet your offer it'd be well worth asking again on results day as spaces may have come up if people have missed their offers. In the mean time all you can do is wait and see.

Quick Reply

Latest