The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why do girls think they can hit men and not get hit back?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Milky Milk
I believe that any girl who starts on a guy with no cause, should get hit back. She should know that because she has a vagina it doesn't mean she can hit whomever she likes.

If a girl is completely innocent and acting in self defence, then I don't believe she should be hit back.

P.S Oh yeah, stop generalising mate.

You, talking about vaginas

men are generally stronger than women and therefore it is seen as unfair, however I would expect to be at least shoved if I hit a guy. But I'm guessing there are a fair few guys who wouldn't hit a woman, just on principle.
Reply 62
Original post by pinda.college
This is retarded, we're obviously stronger than girls. Thus if we punch them we run the risk of being charged with GBH however, a punch from a girl would probably be an assault.

Most men have acknowledged this by now, you're clearly in the "I've grown a pube" stage.

Some guys are like 6 ft 5 and majorly hench so the stronger argument doesn't really stand
Original post by tropical-twist3
I completely agree with this. If she's strong or knows how to fight or whatever then fine, hit her back, but more than nine times out of ten it'd be the equivalent of hitting a 13 year old boy, you should be the bigger man and just leave it.....or maybe steer the situation away from anyone lashing out!

Not really about size or strength. If someone is big enough to hit you, they're big enough to get hit back. Simple.
Reply 64
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlFAd4YdQks

This ^^ shows how absolutely appalling and real this double standard is (I made a thread about it a while ago.)

If I had the balls, I would punch a girl as hard as I could if she hit me. Obviously, saying something and actually acting upon it, are two different things. Ah society.

P.S There really should be a new equality movement, maybe called 'true gender equality' or TGE for short, because calling a gender equality movement 'feminism' is about as stupid as calling a racial equality movement 'blackism.' Just no.
Reply 65
I will hit back at any girl that hits me first, and her attack was unprovoked/unreasonable.
I'd expect to get hit back if I hit a male person, so I don't see why females shouldn't expect the same. They want equality.
(edited 12 years ago)
You shouldn't hit anyone unless it's completely necessary self defense in my opinion, male or female. And hitting someone 'back' isn't self defense unless they're still attacking you and there's no other way of stopping them.
Why hit anyone when you can mindrape them?
Reply 68
Original post by emeritus2011
you might want to add/use the word "some"

Why the **** was this negged? 4 people think that all women hit men? Yeah, really intelligent. Morons.
Reply 69
Assess the danger to yourself and only then attack if absolutely necessary.

The purpose is to remove yourself or them from the place of danger, once that is achieved you should stop. That is only time you need to get physical. By ignoring it and moving on it stopped. At best your mood was ruined. No harm done.

There are protocols which govern why you can't / shouldn't get physically abusive to a female. The same protocol also governs her behaviour to enable people to identify her as a female. When she no longer following how to be a lady all bets are off.

At the very least you should laugh it off but there may be rare situations where you need to restrain / overpower her for your own safety.
If a woman is really going at you try to restrain her and put her on the ground or something, that way she can't hit you and she looks like a complete ass. There should be no excuse for a woman to hit a man nor for a man to hit a woman (unless in cases of self-defence where it is the only way to sort out the situation), but when it happens restraint is probably the best way to go.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 71
Original post by El Presidente
Not really about size or strength. If someone is big enough to hit you, they're big enough to get hit back. Simple.

How big do you have to be to hit someone though? A 5 year old boy could hit you on the leg in a tantrum, does that make it ok to roundhouse him in the face?

As a general rule, if you are liable to do them considerably more harm by hitting them than they are doing you, then you should exhibit some self control. 90% of male vs female "fights" fall into this category.
If a girl physically assaulted me, I would have no problem hitting them back in order to incapacitate them. If they think that, because they have boobs and a vagina, they can treat people without any shred of human dignity, then they will get treated by the world as if they are only boobs and a vagina.
Original post by tropical-twist3
I completely agree with this. If she's strong or knows how to fight or whatever then fine, hit her back, but more than nine times out of ten it'd be the equivalent of hitting a 13 year old boy, you should be the bigger man and just leave it.....or maybe steer the situation away from anyone lashing out!

My housemates and I have a sort of lion-cub-litter friendship, we're always playfighting, and when it's guy-on-girl the girls always get hurt when the guys get rougher than they mean to and they always walk away unscathed.

errr, no. A strong man vs a strong woman is so lop-sided its unbelievable.

You will find women are incredibly dirty when it comes to fighting. Clawing, spitting, nail slashing, groin hits etc. if you're on the ground and she is wearing stillettos, just hope she is too drunk to use any reasonable force with them.

I've read a fair few stories on women using stilettos as weapons and they are quite lethal regarding the eyes and ears.

Anyway, any guy who does get attacked by a woman, simply restrain her. if she slaps or punches you, jab her in the rib/stomach. A twon-fingered jab causes an instant reaction inside her and makes her back off.
Original post by py0alb
How big do you have to be to hit someone though? A 5 year old boy could hit you on the leg in a tantrum, does that make it ok to roundhouse him in the face?

Well done:thumbsup:

As a general rule, if you are liable to do them considerably more harm by hitting them than they are doing you, then you should exhibit some self control. 90% of male vs female "fights" fall into this category.

Source?
Reply 75
Equal opportunities. If you're prepared to hit a man, you should be prepared to hit a woman.

Point being: hitting anyone is wrong.
Original post by Locogooner
So i was at a friends house last night and there was this girl that was bugging me throughout. I was walking down the stairs and she bumps into me, I say sorry but she goes off on one and then starts blocking the doorway. I kind of push her out of my way to get in the room. She then punches in the back of the head!

I was really thinking of hitting her clean in the face but I restrained my self, with the aid of my mate holding me back. I felt so angry the rest of the night.

strong double standards by girls though. They want to be portrayed as equals to men but when they attack us they don't want us to hit back.

I'm not condoning hitting women, but I'm asking why women think they can just hit us and not expect at least one guy to hit them back harder.

I would have smacked that bitch in the mouth. We live in a modern and progressive society, not some repressive,woman hating/woman subjugating society. Women can fight on the front line (or at least they should be able to given our stance on women's rights)...so If a woman has the "balls" to stand up for herself physically in a confrontation/interaction then she should be willingly engaged.
Original post by py0alb

the response shouldn't be disproportionate. a five year old kid can be forgiven/given the age/mental faculties. cannot compare a kick from a little kid to a slap/punch from a grown woman.
Reply 78
Original post by El Presidente
Well done:thumbsup:

Source?

We worked it out in a previous discussion, men are on average something like 150% stronger in the upper body than women with both sets following a gaussian distribution, so we calculated the probability that a randomly selected woman would be of comparable strength to a randomly selected man, and the answer was about 10%.
Reply 79
Original post by MonkeyMan2009
the response shouldn't be disproportionate. a five year old kid can be forgiven/given the age/mental faculties. cannot compare a kick from a little kid to a slap/punch from a grown woman.

Yes, and a full punch from an average man - which would most likely break a girls jaw or knock her unconscious - is a completely disproportional response to being hit by a girl, which probably stung for about 30 seconds. It probably hurt her hand more than it hurt your face (unless you're a complete pussy, of course).

Latest

Trending

Trending