The Student Room Group

Applying as an Individual - References?

Emailed my old teacher asking her to write me a reference when I apply individually this coming September, and she asked how does she go about it. Anyone know?

Do I give her my UCAS details when everything else is done?

Need some help.
Hey I did this when I applied too as I had already been out of school for a year. You just give her your username and password for UCAS once you've filled everything out. It would also help to give her a little information about what you're applying for (coursewise).
Reply 2
Original post by musicforsanity
Hey I did this when I applied too as I had already been out of school for a year. You just give her your username and password for UCAS once you've filled everything out. It would also help to give her a little information about what you're applying for (coursewise).

Hey, thanks.
Reply 3
I did individual application for 2011 entry, and actually they've changed the system so that you send your teacher an email with a link where she can upload the reference. No need to give her your login details - much simpler and easier! Hope I helped.
Reply 4
Original post by avash27
I did individual application for 2011 entry, and actually they've changed the system so that you send your teacher an email with a link where she can upload the reference. No need to give her your login details - much simpler and easier! Hope I helped.

Do you know which link exactly? Wouldn't she still need to log in?
Reply 5
Once you begin your application and click to the references portion, there is a button you can click, which sends them an automated email with a link. I'm not sure what's exactly in the email besides that, but she probably does not need the login information because my teacher did it like that and it worked out fine, she did not need my login information.
Reply 6
She doesn't need your log in details - they're supposed to be private.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending