Watch
This discussion is closed.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
most places give condoms in the fresher pack.
at ours we got a condom, extra strong (for tough gay loving) and lube
and a teabag...
J
Hehe, things haven't changed then! We got a sachet of coffee as well though

As far as I'm aware, it's not for any twisted sexual practices, they're from the Fair Trade company, but for some reason they come in the same pack as the condoms. Tragically my Freshers' week ones are still in my drawer, I think :rolleyes:

I wouldn't really give a damn about packaging myself. And if anyone didn't know by my age that "condoms are the only form of contraception that protects against STDs and pregnancy" then I think they need their head seeing to.
Kalypso
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
we have a permanent free supply of condoms through the college welfare provisions.
.NK
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I've filled out your questionnaire...don't want this lot reading about my private life
feebs
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by .NK)
I've filled out your questionnaire...don't want this lot reading about my private life
me too. x
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
Hehe, things haven't changed then! We got a sachet of coffee as well though

As far as I'm aware, it's not for any twisted sexual practices, they're from the Fair Trade company, but for some reason they come in the same pack as the condoms. Tragically my Freshers' week ones are still in my drawer, I think :rolleyes:

I wouldn't really give a damn about packaging myself. And if anyone didn't know by my age that "condoms are the only form of contraception that protects against STDs and pregnancy" then I think they need their head seeing to.
No one's ever heard of teabagging then..?
And hint - it doesn't involve teabags anymore than 'fudgingpacking' involves fudge
J
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
[QUOTE/]
and lastly, what are your thoughts of receiving a free condom during freshers week.
[QUOTE/]

make it a box of 50

dont worry about package design...its the last thing they are going to be thinking about..lol maybe write CONDOM in big letters just in case ppl are really drunk

maybe easy open package etc etc
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
And hint - it doesn't involve teabags anymore than 'fudgingpacking' involves fudge
J
just watch sex and the city :rolleyes:
Jamie
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
[QUOTE/]
and lastly, what are your thoughts of receiving a free condom during freshers week.
[QUOTE/]

make it a box of 50

dont worry about package design...its the last thing they are going to be thinking about..lol maybe write CONDOM in big letters just in case ppl are really drunk

maybe easy open package etc etc
and don't give them out in the bar. they inevitably get inflated, and people get hurt trying to get them on their heads.
seriously it took ages for the marks to go away.
O, and give out free dental dams. theyre hilarious
J
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
why dont they give out female contraception?
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
J
No, I'm an innocent little girl. Don't feel any need to enlighten me on this matter.

MattG - either your Freshers' week was very different from mine, or your expectations are very high. As for why they don't give out female contraception - I have no idea, but girls get given condoms as well, so it's not like we're missing out.
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
No, I'm an innocent little girl. Don't feel any need to enlighten me on this matter.

MattG - either your Freshers' week was very different from mine, or your expectations are very high. As for why they don't give out female contraception - I have no idea, but girls get given condoms as well, so it's not like we're missing out.
im joking, and i havent even gone to uni yet. off in october
Jamie
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
why dont they give out female contraception?
they give out dental dams :-)
J
blissy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Two things:

One, in the survey is says you can't buy them under 18 - do you mean this as what some people might *think*?

Two, you keep asking about packaging. Well I know everything has to be sterile but sometimes the outer box (not the actual condom) is excruciatingly hard to get into (oh my... that sounds funny).
emom100
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i got coffee, tea, rislers and of course the trust condom in my freshers pack, along with all the useles bunch of leaflets that no-one can be arsed to read. I also got some really disgusting chocolate bar that was being trialed at teh time and i recently found it squched in the bottom of my wardbrobe nice!!
TK
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
to use
Nafisa
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
use it man!!! you dont want STD's do you!!!! or aids etc etc etc etc
Jamie
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Nafisa)
use it man!!! you dont want STD's do you!!!! or aids etc etc etc etc
HIV you mean
AIDS isn't all that bad for westerners anymore you know (if you were to catch it today i mean)
J
blissy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I wouldn't NECESSARILY agree with "not that bad" but I'm assuming you're looking at the treatment etc. But what about future sex life with partners and/or children? Surely that would inhibit your future?
txt_eva
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
To use

what are your thoughts of receiving a free condom during freshers week.

Sounds great... I get them free down the "YES" centre... in all flavours & styles along with KY... but no coffee....

Needs to be openable when drunk!
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by txt_eva)
To use

what are your thoughts of receiving a free condom during freshers week.

Sounds great... I get them free down the "YES" centre... in all flavours & styles along with KY... but no coffee....

Needs to be openable when drunk!
Hey i love your sig btw!

What is a Yes centre - reminds me of the "YES! car credit" adverts lol.
In y11 we had a talk about contraception where they showed us all the different kinds but when someone asked they said they couldn't give us free condoms as some of us were under 16 and it could be seen as encouraging us to have sex!
So instead a group of the lads started having a fight with the morning after pills we were being shown. How immature we were back then.....
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (206)
42.83%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (74)
15.38%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (193)
40.12%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
1.66%

Watched Threads