The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by srutututu

Hey I'm just worried that my personal statement is too short. It works out to be 41 lines (3491 characters) if I don't include spaces between paragraphs and 47 lines if I do double spacing between them. Is that too short, and should I do double, or single spacing between the 4 paragraphs that I've got?

You need lines in between.

Like this.

If that works out as 47 lines then no you're not too short.
Original post by Juno
You need lines in between.

Like this.

If that works out as 47 lines then no you're not too short.

Thanks! :-) I wasn't entirely sure if I should go for one or two lines in between. Will go for two, so it will work out to be exactly 47 :biggrin:
Reply 1982

Thanks! :-) I wasn't entirely sure if I should go for one or two lines in between. Will go for two, so it will work out to be exactly 47 :biggrin:

If you only go for one it won't always show as being there. You'd then have to try to fiddle with your line lengths to try to end on a half line so you can see. Which is pointless and difficult.
Original post by Juno
If you only go for one it won't always show as being there. You'd then have to try to fiddle with your line lengths to try to end on a half line so you can see. Which is pointless and difficult.

Hehe, thank you. I sorted it all out now. :proud: Have to wait till after half term to apply anyways; my reference and predicted grades need sorting out. :rolleyes: Well, anyways. Thanks again.
Hi all,

I was wondering if it was compulsory to talk about your futur carrier or your professional project.

Thanks !
Original post by pinouche13
Hi all,

I was wondering if it was compulsory to talk about your futur carrier or your professional project.

Thanks !

It isn't, and may not always be advisable or useful.
Sorry if this has been covered already within this thread but i've read as much as time permits :wink:
At the grand age of 21 would one be expected to approach their personal statement differently as opposed to someone who is just leaving sixth form? Furthermore having undertaken an access course with previous poor educational results, would one be expected to dwell on the reasons of the previous poor results?

Much appreciated
Original post by jason1234
Sorry if this has been covered already within this thread but i've read as much as time permits :wink:
At the grand age of 21 would one be expected to approach their personal statement differently as opposed to someone who is just leaving sixth form? Furthermore having undertaken an access course with previous poor educational results, would one be expected to dwell on the reasons of the previous poor results?

Much appreciated

1. I imagine you might have some different experiences to talk about (although 21 isn't exactly far removed from 18,) but the essence of it is the same - why do you want to do that course and why should they take you?

2. No, unless there were extenuating circumstances (for example, you were taking the exams whilst one of your parents was terminally ill in hospital - hope that wasn't the case) and then your referee should be discussing that, not you.
Reply 1988
Is it compulsory, as a foreigner, to talk about my practice of English, since I have very good IELTS grades and why I am choosing the UK?
Reply 1989
Original post by Gerivta
Is it compulsory, as a foreigner, to talk about my practice of English, since I have very good IELTS grades and why I am choosing the UK?

No, definitely not.
Reply 1990
Is it important that i use up all the available space when writing my personal statement?
Reply 1991
also how do i upload my personal statement for review.
Reply 1992
Original post by geekay1
Is it important that i use up all the available space when writing my personal statement?

I have read that you better keep it concise and clear than making it long and full with useless information

Original post by geekay1
also how do i upload my personal statement for review.

copy it from word or whichever program you are using and past it in the blank area, then click preview under it :smile:
Reply 1993
Original post by Gerivta
I have read that you better keep it concise and clear than making it long and full with useless information

copy it from word or whichever program you are using and past it in the blank area, then click preview under it :smile:

sorry i wanted to get it reviewed on here lol :smile:
Reply 1994
Original post by geekay1
sorry i wanted to get it reviewed on here lol :smile:

Oh, I'm sorry :biggrin:
It is written here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/announcement.php?f=134&a=89
Reply 1995

Thanks 8-)
Original post by Ivanka
No, definitely not.

it's not compulsary, but certainly worth mentioning in my opinion, learning english and qualifying for good grades to show you have is definitely a plus.
Hello TSR :smile:
I have written a draft of my personal statement for undergraduate study at uni. My teacher at school has looked at it and said its a great start. Now, I would like it to be reviewed by the experts of TSR. But before I post it on TSR, i was wondering that after i do post it on this site, would the UCAS plagirism software be able to detect my statement on this site and accuse me of 100% plagirism? I know it maybe a dumb question to ask but I want to be completely sure. I have seen the personal statement forum so i know where and how to post it.
Thanks
Original post by Taminator
Hello TSR :smile:
I have written a draft of my personal statement for undergraduate study at uni. My teacher at school has looked at it and said its a great start. Now, I would like it to be reviewed by the experts of TSR. But before I post it on TSR, i was wondering that after i do post it on this site, would the UCAS plagirism software be able to detect my statement on this site and accuse me of 100% plagirism? I know it maybe a dumb question to ask but I want to be completely sure. I have seen the personal statement forum so i know where and how to post it.
Thanks

PS Help is a closed forum, so only you and the PS helpers will be able to see it - it doesn't get onto databases and so you won't be accused of plagiarism. However, don't post it anywhere else.
Reply 1999
Does sending off your ucas application earlier (i.e. now) give you an advantage??

Also, silly q but do you put capitals for your chosen subject each time you mention it/ do you put capitals for a level subjects?

Latest

Trending

Trending