The Student Room Group

Fake, or genuine Armani???!

Been trying to find an Armani suit for a while now, but I'm not willing to pay full whack.
That said there's a lot of 'dodgy' eBay listings for them, lots with the same class/style as this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MENS-ARMANI-COLLEZIONI-DESIGNER-SUIT-JACKET-42L-/190542513816?pt=UK_Men_s_Suits_Tailoring&hash=item2c5d380698

does this look legit to anyone? at that price?
Reply 1
by "armani collezioni"

blatantly fake.
Reply 2
If you want to wear the brand, then pay the price. Just get a normal suit ffs.
Reply 3
That looks like a real Collezioni "white label" to me. There would also be no reason to fake the tailoring slip.
Reply 4
Original post by jamboogy
by "armani collezioni"

blatantly fake.

Whyso?
Label looks legit, except i've seen one that doesn't say: Made in Italy beneath.
and no, I think it's worth a punt, worst case - I spot a fake, and cancel Paypal payment.
Reply 6
Armani suits cost £1200 new, for £39.99 I'm gonna say odds are it's fake. I don't think there is anyway to definitively say yes or no, it's not like handbags.

I wouldn't be surprised if these people are just buying random suits from charity shops and sewing designer labels in. If you like it then when not just buy it - it's £40.
Reply 7
Original post by Clip
Whyso?

What I'm trying to say is that nowhere in the listing does it say that it is in fact genuine. Plus, for 40 quid you can't really expect to buy a real Armani jacket.
Reply 8
Original post by jamboogy
What I'm trying to say is that nowhere in the listing does it say that it is in fact genuine. Plus, for 40 quid you can't really expect to buy a real Armani jacket.

I disagree. It's second hand. £40 sounds reasonable for a second hand jacket. Used jackets from G&H or suchlike go for that, but are more expensive new.

You also seemed to question its veracity based on it being a Collezioni item. I don't get it. Surely a Collezioni item is less likely to be fake than an Emporio or Giorgio Armani.
Well thing is it's used, that significantly lowers the price, and you have to consider how old it could be.

About the label sewing... that sounds likely really, after all it's eBay.

Might give this a miss unless it's considerably cheap, and nice regardless of brand, too risky, but any other ways to spot a fake, say once it's arrived?
You're not gonna get an Armani suit without paying "full whack" unfortunately. Either cough up or Primark it is!
Reply 11
Original post by Clip
I disagree. It's second hand. £40 sounds reasonable for a second hand jacket. Used jackets from G&H or suchlike go for that, but are more expensive new.

You also seemed to question its veracity based on it being a Collezioni item. I don't get it. Surely a Collezioni item is less likely to be fake than an Emporio or Giorgio Armani.

I know nothing about this stuff, I was just offering my opinion (regardless of how **** it may be lol). Clearly you know a lot.
Reply 12
Well, maybe then it would have been wiser to say nothing rather than:

by "armani collezioni"

blatantly fake.
Reply 13
Original post by The Black Lips
You're not gonna get an Armani suit without paying "full whack" unfortunately. Either cough up or Primark it is!

Again, why should this be true. A quick look at ebay at the moment - and the going rate for a G&H jacket second hand seems to be around £50. There's even an Ozwald Boateng jacket for £30. These would all have been much more than the Armani jacket when new - so why not?

Looking at similar items from Collezioni or even AJ, the going rate seems to be about that.

My experience is that if you buy from a seller with lots of +ve feedback, if you want to return it because you think the item is fake, they will as they don't want a -ve feedback on their scorecard.
Reply 14
Hi guys I got a brand new Giorgio Armani shoulder bag and would like help I have people saying its fake and some saying its real
my versace was genuine for £70 so it is possible to get a cheap high end suit on ebay just have to look

Quick Reply

Latest