The Student Room Group

Is it ok to sunbathe topless if your neighbours can see into you garden?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
It's okay to sunbathe topless anywhere you want, as long as you haven't got the intention to distress, alarm or harass.
I probably wouldn't (given that our garden is at the front going onto the road, and I live next door to a pub), but if you want to it's probably fine unless you think any fuss your neighbours might kick up will be more annoying than tan lines.
Reply 42
Original post by Anonymous
I would say sunbathing topless is not very considerate,

How so? It's your garden.

what if the people next door have kids? I wouldn't want my kids to look out their bedroom window and see that, neither would I want to see it myself particularly!

Why does it make a difference if it's kids or adults? :confused:
Reply 43
Original post by OLawyer
How do you want to tan those areas without being topless?

Well I'm black so I've never really had that problem lol. Erm...I dunno really. I just don't see the sense in tanning one's tits when not many people'll see them anyway.
As long as it's private property and you're discreet about it I thought it was fine.
(though I still wouldn't do it personally)
Reply 45
Original post by Doke
If you want to, go for it. If they ask you to stop, it would be polite to stop, but it's not illegal to be naked in public unless you're visibly aroused (i.e., have an erection). However, if enough people complain, you can get warned and advised to get dressed, and then if you refuse you can be issued an ASBO.

Be right back.

No.

if you kick up a fuss about them looking/watching you then I guess you should check your brain at the door.
Reply 47
Ever heard of decency?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 48
Original post by P4TRiiCE
Well I'm black so I've never really had that problem lol. Erm...I dunno really. I just don't see the sense in tanning one's tits when not many people'll see them anyway.

Now answer this question: what's wrong with nudist people who go to nudist camps?
Reply 49
It's like sunbathing topless on the beach. Depends how confident you are with your body.
Reply 50
I bet a lot of people here are wishing they're your neighbour.
if you live next to me... then yes :colone:
Reply 52
They might not agree with it but wouldn't you be embarrassed anyway?
Reply 53
Original post by OLawyer
Now answer this question: what's wrong with nudist people who go to nudist camps?

I never said there was anything wrong with them :confused:
Reply 54
why not. blokes walk around topless so why should there be a problem if you want to get your babs out when you sunbathe. if your neighbours have a problem just tell them to stop perving on you.
I love it when my left neighbour sunbathes topless

my right neighbour who happens to be a 84 year old with 7 children, not so much
Reply 56
Original post by Doke
If you want to, go for it. If they ask you to stop, it would be polite to stop, but it's not illegal to be naked in public unless you're visibly aroused (i.e., have an erection). However, if enough people complain, you can get warned and advised to get dressed, and then if you refuse you can be issued an ASBO.

that cant be right can it, I mean i couldnt just sit in my garden naked that would be illegal wouldnt it
I wish it were, I really hate pale triangle boobs.
Unfortunately I just can't bring myself to do it, my garden is one of those ones where the whole street can see into.
Reply 58
Original post by DOA
that cant be right can it, I mean i couldnt just sit in my garden naked that would be illegal wouldnt it

Not if no one complains. If someone is offended by it, they're allowed to call the police, who are allowed to give you a warning. Once you've got a warning, you have to cover yourself up. If you don't, you can get an ASBO. But if other people don't mind, or there's no specific rule about it, then you can be as naked as you want wherever you want.
Honestly, no normal neighbour is going to sit at the window and stare, and its just a natural body.

Go for it as long as you don't feel too watched :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending