The Student Room Group

Not herpes but recurring red dots penis glans

Ill try my best to make this post as short as possible.

About 9 months ago had unprotected sex with a girl. Few weeks later had some red dots on my glans, they didn't hurt, didn't burst, didn't blister, was purely an aesthetic matter. I panicked, googled symptoms and eventually convinced myselfy i had herpes.

Went to doc he said it was nothing to worry about and will go away (he didnt say it was herpes), it started to go away then seemed to come back so i went back, he tld me to go to std clinic if im worried but he thought there is nothing to worry about.

Went to the std clinic, told the woman all my fear - that i thought i had herpes etc. She took one look and said it's not herpes and she's not even gonna test me for herpes because it's look nothing like what i had. What i had was a common penis rash and i was tested for other stds, all came back clear.

Then about 1.5 months later the dots came back so i panicked coz herpes reoccurs so when to a different doc who told me it was thrush and that i need to stop panicking and trust what the std clinic said because they are experts. Prescribed canestan, used it it cleared up.

And every now and then the dots come back, again they dont hurt, they dont have liquid in them, they dont burst, they are not blisters, just red patches/blotches/dots.

They came back 3 months ago, 2 months ago, 2 weeks and now ntoday. 3 months ago i rushed to the clinic to be diagnosed with thrush again, the doc laughed when i asked about herpes.

I did have phismosis which has also come back since having thrush and so sometimes if i masturbate without lube then the dots will come back, it that sense due to friction, but now When it came back 2 weeks ago i put it down to friction but now i have a red dot again on my glans and it wasnt there last night, but i went to an onsen and then stayed at my friends house, so didnt really shower and then when i got home i had a red dot.

I'm panicking and i would get over it mentally but i can actually see these red dots and it scares me, has anyone else had something similar or any tips? I know it could be balanitis etc but this keeps happening, what do i do?!

Scroll to see replies

Id trust the doctors mate , youre ok , especially if youve had every test under the sun done. Just put it in the back of your mind.

If youre worried about a girl noticing , well if she points it out and is "disgusted" by it, even tho youve explained the situation , then she aint worth the time of day.

Stuff like this happens , just the way the world works :smile:
Herpes are normally big, huge, oozing white/red sores.

Are you sure it isn't like burst capillaries or something? If the doctor AND the clinic woman said it was ok then stop worrying! Your penis is fine.
Reply 3
Thank you, it's come back again! this time there are quite a few red dots and one is COMPLETELY BRIGHT RED, ive never see one this bright before, again it doesn't hurt but it's incredibly bright red which scares me, ideas?
My advice would be to ignore it and quit it with the hypochondria. If the HPs said it was fine, it's fine.
Maybe its stress?
Reply 6
Hi maybe this is an old thread but im replying anyway. I too have had exactly the same problem on and off for nearly 15 years now. I have a real anxiety problem and this adds to it and believe it or not when stressed out your immune system isnt working on all cylinders and allows candida to overgrow (THRUSH) the red dots are typical of a thrush/candida infection painless occasionally itchy but not always I am now on a no sugar diet as this is a yeast type infection which loves sugar and other things like carbohydrates pasta potatoes etc. One of the best ways to kill off candida in to eat a lot of garlic or if preferred garlic pills preferably the soft gel type on a daily basis. Thrush is not harmful just a real nuisance and can also lead to extreme tiredness and depression. Caneston cream does kill it at the area of the spots but it will return because its in your system. It can be really hard to kill off candida and steer clear of anti bionics as these kill off your good bacteria which help to maintain a good balance in your gut where the candida comes from in the first place. Experts now tell us 78% of the worlds population has this problem but most dont talk about it and some dont get symptoms at all. Another thing dont drink alcohol as this will also feed the problem. I know its easy to say but stop panicking it doesnt turn into a life threatening problem. I hope this helps.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Had something similar red dots turned into red skin (all glans) I really don't think it's herpes but maybe? No oozing. No pain. Just gets more red after ejaculation. Savin up to get tested but I don't think it's herpes.
any thoughts??
Reply 8
Something else that it could be is some kind of allergic reaction. Are you using any kind of lotion, fabric softener in laundry, etc? Besides that if several places have said that it's not herpes, chances are, it's not. You have something else going on that you need to get diagnosed to be sure what it is. My guess like I said could be an allergic reaction.
I have got the exact same thing. I have got multiple small red spots on the head of my penis. It itches at times. Could you please tell me what that could be and also what could i apply to treat it? I hope its nothing serious.
Original post by Anonymous
Ill try my best to make this post as short as possible.

About 9 months ago had unprotected sex with a girl. Few weeks later had some red dots on my glans, they didn't hurt, didn't burst, didn't blister, was purely an aesthetic matter. I panicked, googled symptoms and eventually convinced myselfy i had herpes.

Went to doc he said it was nothing to worry about and will go away (he didnt say it was herpes), it started to go away then seemed to come back so i went back, he tld me to go to std clinic if im worried but he thought there is nothing to worry about.

Went to the std clinic, told the woman all my fear - that i thought i had herpes etc. She took one look and said it's not herpes and she's not even gonna test me for herpes because it's look nothing like what i had. What i had was a common penis rash and i was tested for other stds, all came back clear.

Then about 1.5 months later the dots came back so i panicked coz herpes reoccurs so when to a different doc who told me it was thrush and that i need to stop panicking and trust what the std clinic said because they are experts. Prescribed canestan, used it it cleared up.

And every now and then the dots come back, again they dont hurt, they dont have liquid in them, they dont burst, they are not blisters, just red patches/blotches/dots.

They came back 3 months ago, 2 months ago, 2 weeks and now ntoday. 3 months ago i rushed to the clinic to be diagnosed with thrush again, the doc laughed when i asked about herpes.

I did have phismosis which has also come back since having thrush and so sometimes if i masturbate without lube then the dots will come back, it that sense due to friction, but now When it came back 2 weeks ago i put it down to friction but now i have a red dot again on my glans and it wasnt there last night, but i went to an onsen and then stayed at my friends house, so didnt really shower and then when i got home i had a red dot.

I'm panicking and i would get over it mentally but i can actually see these red dots and it scares me, has anyone else had something similar or any tips? I know it could be balanitis etc but this keeps happening, what do i do?!

You need to start using a penis health creme. These cremes are made just for guys and help with all sorts of skin issues like blemishes, discoloration, dry and cracked skin, chafing etc. There seriously is nothing better for the penis skin than one of these cremes. It will help you out for sure. Hope this helps and good luck.
Reply 11
I get the exact same thing, I've started washing with E45 emollient wash and it has made a big difference but I still get occasional red spots like you mention. I still occasionally panic it could be herpes but seeing as I've had unprotected sex with my partner for 15yrs and she has no symptoms I assume it is harmless
Had sex with a girl a couple of days ago (unprotected), a day later there's these red spots on foreskin and top. Not much itchiness but no pain. Any ideas?
I asked if she had anything and she said no
Okay I have had the same small Rashes around my penis skin. It all started since June 2013. That's when I had the first outbreak. I've lived to believe it's herpes because it reoccurres every now and the. Maybe 1 month time or 2 months time. Mine is usually reoccurring around the first area I had the first outbreak. I have gone for tests and its all saying it's not herpes. I'm of black descent. Maybe that's why the rashes doesn't show as red dots?. They have little liquid inside and doesn't hurt at all. No itching or anything. When it occurres it's usually shiny like the head of a office pin with little waterlike liquid in it. It also occurres when I have taken so much alcohol for that month and when I have a rough sex without a condom. Or when I have sex with a girl that isn't very wet. So the question is what could this really be?.
Okay I have had the same small Rashes around my penis skin. It all started since June 2013. That's when I had the first outbreak. I've lived to believe it's herpes because it reoccurres every now and the. Maybe 1 month time or 2 months time. Mine is usually reoccurring around the first area I had the first outbreak. I have gone for tests and its all saying it's not herpes. I'm a Blackman. Maybe that's why the rashes doesn't show as red dots. They have little liquid inside and doesn't hurt at all. No itching or anything. When it occurres it's usually shiny like the head of a office pin with little waterlike liquid in it. It also occurres when I have taken so much alcohol for that month and when I have a rough sex without a condom. Or when I have sex with a girl that isn't very wet. So the question is what could this really be?.
Reply 16
Ease up mate. A few dots on your knob from time to time is quite normal.
Reply 17
LOL...I AM a doctor...long since retired. I have exactly the same BUT it goes away when I am sunbathing naked! It REAPPEARS each year when I am in the Uk(in the summer)...off to the sun at the end of Sept and I am expecting it to be gone in days(despite the Factor 50, twice a day!)
I THINK it may come when I am washing my hair and 'do' my groin and penis in Head and Shoulders or similar...I have stopped doing that! I THEN had an itchy scalp and used something called 'Dermax'... the product includes a steroid...stupidly I did what I had done with Head and Shoulders and it came back with a vengeance...I lost a layer of dermis and went back to 50 - 100 tiny red spots...almost as though tiny superficial ulcers Were it oral I would have assumed candida. I have put Terracort on and I think it is better...if not I will try a product with Nystatin as well!
I am sure that the answer is ONLY to use something very BLAND, to wash your penis.
What are the active ingredients that the creams that you suggest have?
Thanks
Reply 19
My 'problem' has gone and not recurred. The 'Dermax' did not help......I WAS WRONG to suggest a steroid+antibiotic/ant-fungal! WERE your problem due to a virus THAT mix could make it worse!
My best suggestion is now, wash twice a day with a bland 'face' soap.....dry well....use boxer shorts rather than 'Y' front types....and exposure to sunlight! LOL...I am on Gran Canaria at the moment,,,+... naturist beach.
IF this(+/- sunlight) does NOT work....go to a GUM 'drop-in' Clinic or to your GP.....I would now advise AGAINST a topical steroid antibiotic/antifungal....UNLESS A GUM Dr RECOMMENDED IT...I would not accept a topical cream from a GP! "Trust me! I AM a doctor!!"

Latest