This discussion is closed.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by Eternal Idol)
Hardware of good companies working fine and with the requirements that Windows needs.
Well there were certainly no hardware problems. The systems i used them on were mostly intel processors, but a couple of AMD athlons as well. They had good spec hardware, and certainly high quality stuff. The sort of people who's machines i've used running these are the sort of people who buy quality hardware.
EI_123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
Well there were certainly no hardware problems. The systems i used them on were mostly intel processors, but a couple of AMD athlons as well. They had good spec hardware, and certainly high quality stuff. The sort of people who's machines i've used running these are the sort of people who buy quality hardware.
Well, I have an athlon since 2 months ... two or three times it has hunged till today...

Most of the times using MS-DOS games ...
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Well, I have an athlon since 2 months ... two or three times it has hunged till today...

Most of the times using MS-DOS games ...
Well, when i finally upgrade the specs on my machine, and get XP, then i'll probably have a more informed opinion. But most of the people i know run XP, and they pretty much all find it crashes fairly regularly.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Well, when i finally upgrade the specs on my machine, and get XP, then i'll probably have a more informed opinion. But most of the people i know run XP, and they pretty much all find it crashes fairly regularly.
Most probably third party software errors, Windows XP works perfectly in my computer.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Most probably third party software errors, Windows XP works perfectly in my computer.
Do you work for Microsoft then?
Because you sound exactly like someone on one of those microsoft help-lines (although, i think help-lines is a bit misleading, i don't know of anyone who's ever recieved help from there).
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Do you work for Microsoft then?
Because you sound exactly like someone on one of those microsoft help-lines (although, i think help-lines is a bit misleading, i don't know of anyone who's ever recieved help from there).
No, I don't work for Microsoft, do you work for Linux?
Actually you sound like every guy that never used Linux but had hear that is the best in the world ...

I have used it, I have developed software under both systems and both of them have its strenghts and its weakness.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
No, I don't work for Microsoft, do you work for Linux?
Actually you sound like every guy that never used Linux but had hear that is the best in the world ...

I have used it, I have developed software under both systems and both of them have it strenghts and it weakness.
Well, i have used linux, but not much to be honest. But i've never heard of it crashing even once.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Well, i have used linux, but not much to be honest. But i've never heard of it crashing even once.
Well.... that's just impossible ... try gnome a little bit ......
The code is made by humans and humans made mistakes, there are a lof of bugs in both systems.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Well.... that's just impossible ... try gnome a little bit ......
The code is made by humans and humans made mistakes, there are a lof of bugs in both systems.
Well maybe, but i can only go on my own experience, and from what other people have said to me about them.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (62)
19.38%
Virtual accommodation tour (45)
14.06%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (16)
5%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.94%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.44%
Taster lectures or seminars (70)
21.88%
Speak to current students studying my course (69)
21.56%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
4.06%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.75%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.5%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (5)
1.56%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.88%

Watched Threads