The Student Room Group

my year 11 summer holiday is rubbish

I've finished all my GCSEs about a 2 weeks ago and in that time i have only been out once with my friends to watch some crappy film that i cant even remember.
My home is so boring i have to wake up at 9 each day and theres never anything to do. My parents dont let me do anything i cant go on the computer or xbox for more than an hour each day. I have no job or money so i can never go out and even if i did go out i have no clothes
Anyone else feel this way?
.:mad:

Scroll to see replies

Sucks about the computer. I just chilled out on wow for like 15 hours a day after Year 11. love mahh lyffffff
By May/June of next year, you will look back on this period of 'rubbish' vacation time and wish you could have it all back.

You'll desire to relive this 'boring' summer holiday rather than be studying round the clock for your A Levels so much that you'd happily give your kidney.

Trust me, son.... You're living the dream.... You just dont realise it :wink:
Original post by Circadian_Rhythm
Sucks about the computer. I just chilled out on wow for like 15 hours a day after Year 11. love mahh lyffffff

A Yogscast fan ? Hi5 !!!!
Original post by Ari Ben Canaan
A Yogscast fan ? Hi5 !!!!

I AM DAVE EXCLAMATION MARK YOGNAUGHT

AND I HAVE THE BALLS.

hellooo (Simon's creepy voice)
Reply 5
I've been out of school since March (other than coming in to do GCSE exams) so it's been much worse for me. My parents aren't so strict but I'm just as bored as you. There are only so many TV shows you can watch/websites you go on before you get sick and tired of them.
Reply 6
Boring people are boring.
Reply 7
what can i do?
im not even allowed to watch half the tv shows i dont have freeview! and when it comes to night my mum just sits in the same room watching what i watch... so i cant watch anything violent/adult humour
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
i hate life
Reply 9
If your bored, it means your a boring person and nobody wants to spend time with you
Maybe find a job, do volantary work, or join a group in your local area. Also you can play sports, go out with friends etc.
Yep, summer can be pretty boring, just have to try to find something to do. :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by 101101
If your bored, it means your a boring person and nobody wants to spend time with you

i try to go out with my friends but sometimes its too expensive, they ask me to go wireless and reading festival but i cant because i have no money!
i dont expect to go out everyday maybe twice a week is enough, the problem is at home
Original post by Circadian_Rhythm
I AM DAVE EXCLAMATION MARK YOGNAUGHT

AND I HAVE THE BALLS.

hellooo (Simon's creepy voice)

Thatsssssssss a very nice profile pic you have there.

Would be a ssssssshame if something were to happen to it :colone:

Simon and Lewis FTW !!! :biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by A Distant Mind
Maybe find a job, do volantary work, or join a group in your local area. Also you can play sports, go out with friends etc.
Yep, summer can be pretty boring, just have to try to find something to do. :smile:

I agree, and it's exactly what I did :smile: Only once or twice a week for a few hours so it's nothing that will exhaust you. But if you are really bored you could take on more hours or something. Really will save you from doing a lot of voluntary work over the next school year as well. Also, I would start looking now if I were you because they are not always easy to find, good luck :smile:
Reply 14
My year 11 holiday i spent working my ass off full time as a general grunt in a window making/fitting company... work was **** and pay was **** and i got treated like **** 7:30 - 5:00 every day so don't complain.

You have it easy compared to so many others.
Non rhetorical question - what do you actually do?
Reply 16
I'm kind of the same, but not so extreme. My friends don't do anything!!! So. Bored.
Reply 17
I feel for you. Here I am going to working my ass off 9 - 5:30... Its so good, having a day off is way boring!

Original post by 2pasda
My parents dont let me do anything i cant go on the computer or xbox for more than an hour each day.

Though that sucks. If my parents did that I wouldn't have a career right now, idiot move.

Try getting a job, will give you money to do funthings. My friends were useless about this time, I had to get a lot of effort to get them "out" and they would only do stupid things like go to the cinema. I got pissed off and went and found some new friends (thanks to a cousin :biggrin:) and did some pretty crazy stuff with them...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 18
some of my friends are the dull type i have a few where we will 'party hard' but that doesnt happen very much.
im trying to get a job but its so hard, do you go into shops or search online? what exactly do you say when you go into a shop and are looking for a job?
Reply 19
Original post by Bones666
My year 11 holiday i spent working my ass off full time as a general grunt in a window making/fitting company... work was **** and pay was **** and i got treated like **** 7:30 - 5:00 every day so don't complain.

You have it easy compared to so many others.

at least you got a job

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending