The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester

Worcester Uni 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blencashire
Sooo, is anyone going to worcester not a party animal? Don't get me wrong, if you like going out then that's great and I like a drink or two, but clubbing every night just isn't me. Don't s'pose anyone else is like this? :/

I've never been clubbing at all and I don't drink :cool: I'm going out during the first week just to meet people but I won't be keeping it up all year :smile:
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester
Original post by AcrylicInk
I've never been clubbing at all and I don't drink :cool: I'm going out during the first week just to meet people but I won't be keeping it up all year :smile:

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing, nice to know I'm not the only one :biggrin:
Reply 142
Just been aimlessly browsing the internet as you do 1 day before you leave to go before your first year of uni....

And found some interesting stats here http://university.which.co.uk/institutions/university-of-worcester-w80

2 main ones I noticed were 53% of students were over 21 and 69% of students were female... :eek:

Are these kind of stats normal ? :s-smilie:
I don't go clubbing either!

Glad I'm not the only one.
Original post by djtain1
Just been aimlessly browsing the internet as you do 1 day before you leave to go before your first year of uni....

And found some interesting stats here http://university.which.co.uk/institutions/university-of-worcester-w80

2 main ones I noticed were 53% of students were over 21 and 69% of students were female... :eek:

Are these kind of stats normal ? :s-smilie:

Worcester is popular for Nursing and Teaching courses which would explain the female numbers! As for the over 21, not sure - I was 23 when I started but in my seminar group I was the oldest and loads of people were straight from their A-levels and college. But, does it matter if people are over 21? Everyone mixes in - well they did on my course!
Original post by laurabadleg
Has anybody here applied for teacher training at Worcester?

Original post by gemmaj
I got a conditional for Primary Education and I've accepted it as my firm choice :smile:

Original post by girlyfrog
I applied for primary teaching at worcester (it's my firm) and I know a fair few people that have applied for secondary PGCEs too :smile:

Original post by westwood04
i've firmed worcester as my first choice for primary ed :biggrin: and applied for accommodation!

has anyone heard about their accommodation yet/know when we will know if we've got a place??

Original post by J.Clay
Studying Primary Ed, and living in The Old Post Office, which I think is a part of Sansome Halls :smile:

Hi Everyone! :smile: x

Just finished studying Primary Education (I did 5-11) at Worcester so feel free to ask any questions. :smile:
Got to say I really wish I hadn't given in to my parents insisting I live at home, so far I have to drive about an hour and a half from home to get there, and I've yet to meet anyone. :s-smilie:

Had my first lecture today, it was pretty boring and kinda depressing when, in response to the lecturer telling us we had all our lives ahead of us, the 80 year old+ student in front of us whispered 'Not all of us', but no one heard :/

Anyway, it was weird, the timetable I printed of from SOLE says that each of my lectures in 3 hours, it even lists the times say from 9:15 to 12:15, but we were only in the lecture today for about an hour? Is this normal? Was it just because it was the first lecture? It didn't seem like it could be because he said 'I'm mindful of the time', which would suggest it's not simply a first lecture one off thing, so what's the deal?
Reply 147
Original post by pauldpaul
Hi guys i'm in my second year at the university of Worcester doing computer games and multimedia development

Worcester uni is a fantastic uni and also one of the fastest growing in the country. It only got its official university status in 2005 so still relatively new but is expanding super fast.

there is two campus's city campus and st johns campus about 15 minute walk apart. city campus is where i am based as it is where the business school is that also deals with computing.

All the lecturers i have had have been very good and all of them have experience in the real world. if any of you have played outcast for the dreamcast on of my lecturers was the lead designer for that.

the new library that should be done in 2012 is the biggest in Europe

if anyone has any questions then i will do my best to answer them or find the answers but i will say i don't come on here very often so might be an idea to pm so i get an email notification

Hello my name is Mirka,
I applied for Web development with my friend and we received an invitation for interview. We are both EU student. We are really excited about it but little nervous too .Do u know what Worcester Uni usually expecting from applicants?:redface: We hope we will get in...love Worcester ;D
Reply 148
Original post by jonni21
Hey, I've applied for Halls and going to be a PGCE student. I'm just hoping that I can get in with other PGCE students. Is there regular buses from St John's campus around the area to get to placement schools? Worcester Uni is stunning! :smile:

Hi,

Yes, there are buses that run from St. John's campus about every 10 minutes - starting from 6.30 in the morning, til about 24.00. You can stop at Crowngate Station where they all meet, and catch another one to take you around Worcester, or outside. I don't live on campus, so I pretty much depend on buses, and luckily they have been pretty good.

However, catching buses daily and swapping one or two, will put a bit of a whole in your budget. The glitch with that is to get a bus pass, from the university, at the beginning of the semester which will last you 8 months for which pay about £100. Believe me, I made the maths and otherwise I would have paid over £100 in just two months, considering I swap 2 buses daily.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending