This discussion is closed.
fred86
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Has anyone got one and do they exist? Lol that'd be so great, enlighten me people!
miss perfect
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by fred86)
Has anyone got one and do they exist? Lol that'd be so great, enlighten me people!
hi. what are ee offers?
fred86
Rep:
?
(Original post by miss perfect)
hi. what are ee offers?
hehe that's what the post was about as in EE grades i think ?
miss perfect
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
hehe that's what the post was about as in EE grades i think ?
see thats what i thought it was as well. E E offers at cambridge?! yeah ok then....
fred86
Rep:
?
see thats what i thought it was as well. E E offers at cambridge?! yeah ok then....
be nice hey!
miss perfect
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
be nice hey!
what?! im not being horrible to anyone, i'm just saying that cambridge would never in a million years offer someone a place for E E!
fred86
Rep:
?
what?! im not being horrible to anyone, i'm just saying that cambridge would never in a million years offer someone a place for E E!
sorry me neither, i meant ' it'd be nice...hey'
quinnbrakes
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Cambridge do offer EE quite alot. Christ's offers around a third of offers as EE.
miss perfect
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by neildm)
Yes, they do. Yes they have. I didn't get one myself but they do make EE offers, and not very rarely either. Certain colleges give more - Clare for example.
what as in 2 E grades for your a-levels?!
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
what as in 2 E grades for your a-levels?!
Yeah, it's called a matriculation offer. They work you damned hard once you get there though.
aliel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Yep around 10% of Fitz's offers are EE offers. Claire1985 has a couple of peeps in her year who were offered EE
fred86
Rep:
?
(Original post by MadNatSci)
Yeah, it's called a matriculation offer. They work you damned hard once you get there though.
that's amazing!! man they must really want some people.... others have to get AAA (altho i am considering turning them down)
quinnbrakes
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Its basically unconditional but i think the EE bit comes from the lowest standard allowed at the uni.
Alex_R
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Yeah, I received an EEE offer to study medicine at Christ's - which I am now doing. EE/EEE offers are there I think to try and attrsct the best candidates - give them a challenge to try and go for, and also to relieve some of the pressure on A-Level results so you can do extra exams like AEA or STEP instead and read around your subject more. Although the offer is EE/EEE I have not met anybody at Christ's who having been offered a so called matriculation offer did not get all As at A-Level. Christ's offer about a third of places on these offers but I'm not sure if other colleges do. I heard vague rumours about Peterhouse giving out one or two - though I am not certain. I think a couple of colleges at Oxford gave them out a few years ago but I'm not sure if they still do. Good luck if you want to try and get one, though as long as you have good A/S scores they're not too hard to get.
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
that's amazing!! man they must really want some people.... others have to get AAA (altho i am considering turning them down)

It's a policy of Christ's, I'm not entirely sure why they do it... but a fairly large proportion of their offers are EE. Most offers at Cambridge as a whole are AAA (or AAB for some Arts), however, so it doesn't mean they don't want you if you get AAA [I got an AAA offer so it can't be that bad]
fred86
Rep:
?
(Original post by MadNatSci)
It's a policy of Christ's, I'm not entirely sure why they do it... but a fairly large proportion of their offers are EE. Most offers at Cambridge as a whole are AAA (or AAB for some Arts), however, so it doesn't mean they don't want you if you get AAA [I got an AAA offer so it can't be that bad]
yeh well I guess people don't stop working once they get EE anyways and prob get straight A's anyways1
quinnbrakes
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Must be an absolute bonus if u get one. Bloke from my school got one for nat sci to St Catherines but did about a million extra maths modules and STEP papers any way. Id have slacked!
fred86
Rep:
?
(Original post by quinnbrakes)
Must be an absolute bonus if u get one. Bloke from my school got one for nat sci to St Catherines but did about a million extra maths modules and STEP papers any way. Id have slacked!
exactly - geeks!
dreamer
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Someone from my school got an EE from King's for Law a long time ago.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I don't think Clare makes that many, despite what people above have said. Christ's is the one most known for it, and other colleges may make them if they really like someone, but most people have AAA offers.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (126)
4.9%
Uncertainty around my education (381)
14.83%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (285)
11.09%
Lack of purpose or motivation (362)
14.09%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (120)
4.67%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (155)
6.03%
Loneliness (218)
8.49%
Financial worries (94)
3.66%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (106)
4.13%
Exposure to negative news/social media (120)
4.67%
Lack of real life entertainment (135)
5.25%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (225)
8.76%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (242)
9.42%

Watched Threads