The Student Room Group
I wouldn't think it would be bad if you left out the dates, as long as you are clear on the theory they developed or the study they carried out.
Reply 2
My teacher told me that you dont need to know all the dates but its worth to learn a few. I think that if your unsure on one leave it out rather than guessing though.
As long as you can talk in detail about the study, not knowing the date will not mark you down.
Reply 4
I thought you didn't have to know any of the dates - I have never put a single one in the whole A level and I got an A for AS...don't bother, knowing the psychologists is hard enough!
Reply 5
Melana
I thought you didn't have to know any of the dates - I have never put a single one in the whole A level and I got an A for AS...don't bother, knowing the psychologists is hard enough!

Yeah, I got an A overall too, and learning those names was difficult! I came to the conclusion in the end that if you don't have a bizarre name, you are not allowed to be a psychologist. :rolleyes:

:biggrin:
Reply 6
I say if you can remember a date then it can only be benifical for you. You dont have to learn all dates, but if your essay skills are not of an "A" standard, then AO1 skills like dates will be an advantage
Reply 7
I completely agree with you there Helen. Smith and Smith just isn't memorable enough!

Weasel and moohead is far better.

It's not a memory test, so they're not gonna care about the dates. It's like beginning an english essay with 'Shakespeare was born in Stratford-upon-Avon' - it sounds rubbish, and it's not a history essay.
yea it just gains you extra knowledge marks i suppose.
Reply 9
Our teacher told us to learnt the evaluation findings conclusions and critisms and any % figures we need to know but some dates if you remember them can come in useful

Latest

Trending

Trending