Scroll to see replies

Here's mine:

Probably all wrong :borat:
Reply 61
I wanna play, I wanna play! :awesome:

That was tough :emo:
Sorry I sent it so late, I was too busy to make it earlier:
Reply 63
The top right group is the group of death. Godfather, American History X, Taxi Driver, Fight Club etc.
Reply 64
Oh, god. 12 angry men. I pity anyone who watches that. :wtf:

However, Fight Club is the best film ever. :biggrin:
Original post by k3ro
Oh, god. 12 angry men. I pity anyone who watches that. :wtf:

How come? It was a great film.
Reply 66
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
How come? It was a great film.

I had to watch it in TOK class and I dunno, it just annoyed the hell out of me. The concept itself was somewhat interesting, but the film just bored me.

That's only my opinion, though.
Reply 67
Original post by k3ro
I had to watch it in TOK class and I dunno, it just annoyed the hell out of me. The concept itself was somewhat interesting, but the film just bored me.

That's only my opinion, though.

I watched it in TOK as well!
I quite liked it though :smile:
mine :h:

My winner is shawshank btw
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 69
Original post by Ice_Queen

Glad to see lots of people getting involved. We should have the first round of polls opening tomorrow at about 11am (we just have to wait for the forum to be created and put in place), and at that point we won't be accepting any more predictions, so if you haven't yet submitted but want to take part be sure to do so soon!

One question to everyone interested - I'm unsure at the moment how much discussion this is likely to generate. Do you think the film forum would be suitable for all discussions about it, or should I push for a separate temporary forum specially for it?

Original post by Ice_Queen
The problem with this is that we need as many people as possible - I predicted from TSR as a whole, but if only the film buffs are seeing it... everyone needs to put this in their sig!

I quite agree. We should hopefully have a homepage feature and a site-wide announcement going up soon, but it would be great if as many people as possible could be out there spreading the word. :biggrin:
Reply 70
Also, I originally wanted to have a short synopsis (around 100 words) on each film to add a little bit of colour to each poll thread. Alas, even though the polls are almost ready to go up there's a significant number of films without descriptions. If you've got a few spare minutes and fancy rattling off a couple of short descriptions (just say what it's about, the people involved, maybe the impact it has had) before 11 tomorrow when the polls go up and PMing them to me, it would be greatly appreciated.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Phalanges
Also, I originally wanted to have a short synopsis (around 100 words) on each film to add a little bit of colour to each poll thread. Alas, even though the polls are almost ready to go up there's a significant number of films without descriptions. If you've got a few spare minutes and fancy rattling off a couple of short descriptions (just say what it's about, the people involved, maybe the impact it has had) and PMing them to me, it would be greatly appreciated.

What films need descriptions?
Reply 72

What films need descriptions?

Of those going up tomorrow:

3. The Godfather: Part II (1974)
7. Schindler's List (1993)
11. Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
13. Seven Samurai (1954)
15. Goodfellas (1990)
17. Casablanca (1942)
19. City of God (2002)
21. Rear Window (1954)
37. Citizen Kane (1941)
39. North by Northwest (1959)
41. Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)
45. Vertigo (1958)
49. Paths of Glory (1957)
53. Double Indemnity (1944)
55. Lawrence of Arabia (1962)
57. A Clockwork Orange (1971)
59. To Kill a Mockingbird (1962)
63. Das Boot (1981)
I think there should be a separate forum for it (assuming there's going to be a thread for each match)

Sorry I cant do the synopsis (well I can tomorrow but not now)
I think he may have meant for discussion rather than voting.

But isn't it going to be like those vote threads where you put up a poll and you discuss/comment in it? I thought it would be like this for every match.
Reply 75
My predictions :smile: Attached!
Original post by Phalanges
x

count me in:biggrin:
:confused:
ooh I get it now:biggrin:
hope is not too late!

:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest