The Student Room Group

TSR's Movie Madness

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Phalanges
Glad to see lots of people getting involved. We should have the first round of polls opening tomorrow at about 11am (we just have to wait for the forum to be created and put in place), and at that point we won't be accepting any more predictions, so if you haven't yet submitted but want to take part be sure to do so soon!

One question to everyone interested - I'm unsure at the moment how much discussion this is likely to generate. Do you think the film forum would be suitable for all discussions about it, or should I push for a separate temporary forum specially for it?

I quite agree. We should hopefully have a homepage feature and a site-wide announcement going up soon, but it would be great if as many people as possible could be out there spreading the word. :biggrin:

what do you win if you get ALL right?
Original post by TobeTheHero

An ipad 5.
Reply 82
Original post by The Cornerstone
But isn't it going to be like those vote threads where you put up a poll and you discuss/comment in it? I thought it would be like this for every match.

The voting threads won't be open for commenting, because we don't want people to be influenced if everyone for example just wrote "Inception" over and over again.

Original post by TobeTheHero

I'm still finalising prizes so can't comment just yet.
The voting threads won't be open for commenting, because we don't want people to be influenced if everyone for example just wrote "Inception" over and over again.

Oh right, smart move. But if the discussion will be in one thread then we shouldn't put a separate forum for it imo.
Better late than never :p:
Reply 85

Oh right, smart move. But if the discussion will be in one thread then we shouldn't put a separate forum for it imo.

I agree, I think it will make sense to have it in this forum. I just wanted to make sure that people didn't want a different discussion thread for every vote, as the poor film forum would get a little swamped then! But as we can probably solve the issue by having two threads - this one for discussion, and a separate one for prediction leagues, everything should be fine.

Voting threads should hopefully be up soon everyone! We're just making sure everything works right, as I asked the admin to do some things they'd never done for a forum before and we didn't want to wreck everything. :p:
I agree, I think it will make sense to have it in this forum. I just wanted to make sure that people didn't want a different discussion thread for every vote, as the poor film forum would get a little swamped then! But as we can probably solve the issue by having two threads - this one for discussion, and a separate one for prediction leagues, everything should be fine.

Voting threads should hopefully be up soon everyone! We're just making sure everything works right, as I asked the admin to do some things they'd never done for a forum before and we didn't want to wreck everything. :p:

Yeah that's what I thought as well.

Well I hope it's up done soon :excited: I'll be happy to help if there's anything I can do :tongue:
Reply 87
Attention everyone! The new voting forum has been created, and can be found here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=654

Gaze lovingly upon your first sixteen polls, complete with 32 beautifully hand-crafted descriptions that definitely weren't written in a mad rush a couple of hours ago. :p:
Hope it isn't too late :smile:

Edit: Forgot the winner... it is Schindler's List :cool:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 89
Original post by tehFrance

Original post by tehFrance
Hope it isn't too late :smile:

Curses, you've just buggered up all the prep work I was just doing. :p:

On second thoughts there really is no reason why we can't allow predictive brackets until the first results are announced at the start of Saturday, and now it's got going there might be a few more people interested so I'll extend the prediction deadline until the first poll closes on Saturday morning (should be just after midnight).
Reply 90
Curses, you've just buggered up all the prep work I was just doing. :p:

On second thoughts there really is no reason why we can't allow predictive brackets until the first results are announced at the start of Saturday, and now it's got going there might be a few more people interested so I'll extend the prediction deadline until the first poll closes on Saturday morning (should be just after midnight).

Is there a reason we aren't allowing comments in them?
Reply 91
Original post by cambo211
Is there a reason we aren't allowing comments in them?

:smile:

Although this thread would be a fine home for any discussion you'd like. :p:
Reply 92
If Shawshank doesn't win in this round most peoples predictions take quite a hit.
Reply 93
If Shawshank doesn't win in this round most peoples predictions take quite a hit.

Not me :biggrin:

Which is why it will gain an unexpected increase :mmm:

But seriously, looking back now, I think I made a lot of mistakes in my predictions :erm:
Reply 95
Original post by Adorno
Not me :biggrin:

You're an odd one though :hand:
Reply 96
You're an odd one though :hand:

It's true, I hate the film.
Reply 97
Original post by Adorno
It's true, I hate the film.

:zomg:
Reply 98
The one i'm most interested in seeing is Toy Story 3 vs. Forrest Gump.

I genuinely have no idea how it'll turn out.
The one i'm most interested in seeing is Toy Story 3 vs. Forrest Gump.

I genuinely have no idea how it'll turn out.

TS3 :sexface:

FG was good but there was something about TS3 that just made it better in my eyes :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending