This discussion is closed.
jammyd
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
Is it neccessary to question the neccessity of the appliance of exclamation marks?
Of course. Every time I see a post from Dave I think he's shouting. He's trivialising the use of exclamation marks.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by jammyd)
Of course. Every time I see a post from Dave I think he's shouting. He's trivialising the use of exclamation marks.
I agree - we must respect the hallowed sanctity of the mighty exclamation mark, sent from above and only to be used in times of peril.
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I agree - we must respect the hallowed sanctity of the mighty exclamation mark, sent from above and only to be used in times of peril.
I'm glad a someone agrees!!!
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I'm glad a someone agrees!!!
Yes, my friend, now we must focus on campaigning for a reduction on the use of question marks. Too long have they been thrown around without correct neccessity.
Trousers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Yep. Also (very distantly), William Booth, who founded the Salvation Army.
My great grandad was one of the founding members of the Labour Party.

!!!!!
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Trousers)
My great grandad was one of the founding members of the Labour Party.

!!!!!
Really?

Roy Jenkins? David Owen? William Rodgers?
Agrippina
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Belacqua)
Anyone got a really impressive claim to fame? Ever known or met anyone famous?
I'm a relative of the actor Charles Laughton on my grandad's side.
Trousers
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Really?

Roy Jenkins? David Owen? William Rodgers?
I have absolutely no idea what his name was, but his surname was probably Cluett. It's a little fact that my mum throws around when we talk about the family history (fascinating conversation...) but I don't know much else about it. Sorry!
Agrippina
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Eeyore)
Oh yeah and my dad went to Cambridge with Carol Vorderman. And my parents have chatted to Delia Smith.
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Belacqua)
Anyone got a really impressive claim to fame? Ever known or met anyone famous?
I haven't known anyone famous but i have met some famous people on holiday to california - i met nick carter (he's not v. goodlooking in real life - thus the meeting was dissapointing i think it was a catalyst that helped calm the backstreeyboys obsession me and my sister shared. We saw Cindy Crawford when she was pregnant few years back in santa monica and when shopping there were some minor celebrities we saw rather than met. As my parents are buying a house in santa monica, i'm sure when i visit them they'll have become aquainted with some famous ppl (yeah right - my parents????)
grace
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
well, as mentioned in the blazin squad post i hav been kissed by krazy and had my ass groped by strider...

i have also seen the Olsen twins at the airport in LA.....

erm...who else?...oh, my family used to be really good friends with Richard Gere's cousin (who looked EXACTLY like a younger version of him)

if anyone's heard of Hayley Westenra (the classical singer) i used to go to school with her in New Zealand......

oh and also i saw Beau Brady (Noah outta Home and Away) at southsea beach last summer.
Trousers
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by grace)
well, as mentioned in the blazin squad post i hav been kissed by krazy and had my ass groped by strider...

i have also seen the Olsen twins at the airport in LA.....

erm...who else?...oh, my family used to be really good friends with Richard Gere's cousin (who looked EXACTLY like a younger version of him)

if anyone's heard of Hayley Westenra (the classical singer) i used to go to school with her in New Zealand......

oh and also i saw Beau Brady (Noah outta Home and Away) at southsea beach last summer.

You're just showing off now.
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Eeyore)
He went to my school.
grace
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Trousers)
You're just showing off now.
aaaw, nah, not meaning to, just trying to list them all! I mean, i've lived in three different countries so i've bumped into some pretty interesting people along the way!
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Dave, is it always necessary to use exclamation marks?
I'm sorry I just never notice! I shall try my very hardest. If you see me going back on the exclaimation mark bandwagon, please do not hesitate to shout at me.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
The guy who plays Martin Fowler in Eastenders (James something) - I saw him whilst on a holiday in Austria.
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I once tripped Shauna Lowry (of animal hospital) over.

Accidental, but a pleasing all the same.
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
I'm sorry I just never notice! I shall try my very hardest. If you see me going back on the exclaimation mark bandwagon, please do not hesitate to shout at me.
I just realised i did it again. SORRY
dazmanultra
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
My dad was the bassist in Katrina and the Waves (Walking on Sunshine, Love Shine a Light etc).
Homegrownkitten
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
My aunt (as a little girl) used to live next door to Bob Geldof's Grandma and her 'n' Bob would play together.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (105)
43.75%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (39)
16.25%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (91)
37.92%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (5)
2.08%

Watched Threads