This discussion is closed.
lozzy
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
does anyone know the lowest grade at which you can get into university to study law. Thanx!!!!!!!!
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by lozzy)
does anyone know the lowest grade at which you can get into university to study law. Thanx!!!!!!!!
Well i depends where. I think you can get into some of the ex-polys with C's. You need to think about whether or not these courses would enable you to have a good law career (if thats what your looking for). Law is such a competitive area that the uni you went to can unfortunatly play a big part in your future job prospects .

You can get into huddersfield for Law with 220 UCAS points: - http://www.huddersfield.ac.uk/course...ourses/057.pdf

For the top law schools you are looking at AAB/ABB +
Ladyluck
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by lozzy)
Staffordshire uni is pretty low CCC i think, and Derby is quite low.
Liverpool John Moores is 260 pts BCC Sunderland 220- 360 (a bit vague i know)
Cacambo
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
A girl from college has a CC offer for Law at Luton.
cobra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Cacambo)
Is there a great deal of point in a degree from the university or luton, initally it makes me laugh
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
bbb at brunel?
Me2
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
the lowest at a good uni would probably be about ABB
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Me2)
the lowest at a good uni would probably be about ABB
I have seen BBB from Hull (a good uni) although anything in this region is about right. When people start asking for C's as part of a standard offer you have to question how good the uni is for Law.
Me2
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
Hull (a good uni)
its not red brick, is it? therefore it would be more difficult to get a job from there....
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Me2)
its not red brick, is it? therefore it would be more difficult to get a job from there....
There is evidence of teaching at Hull since 1924 and it was awarded its Univeristy charter in the late 50's / early 60's thus putting it very solidly in the red brick catagory.

You *may* have confused it with the now defunkt University of Humberside that shared the same campus and was ranked about second from bottom of the University league tables.
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Cacambo)
I would never go to Luton to do Law even if it was this or no degree.

As far as "universities" go Luton is about as low as they come and no Solicitors firm worth there salt would consider an applicant who has graduated from here.

Your application would be straight in the little filing cabinet in the corner (the bin) and even if you did get an interview it would probably be because they either felt sorry for you or just wanted to take the piss.
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
p.s sorry if anyone has pinned their hopes of a legal career on a degree from Luton.
lozzy
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by Ladyluck)
Staffordshire uni is pretty low CCC i think, and Derby is quite low.
Liverpool John Moores is 260 pts BCC Sunderland 220- 360 (a bit vague i know)
thanx that has help alot thank you!
Sunnyt
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
as law is such a competitive subject, always choose a good univeristy to carry out your law degree otherwise dont bother, with law it matters what university you goto!

sunny
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (211)
42.89%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (75)
15.24%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (198)
40.24%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
1.63%

Watched Threads